Fat Phil gets a raise!!????

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KTOWN TITAN, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You can't use the "so and so beat so and so...and that team beat so and so" logic. It just doesn't work. Hell, Michigan beat the crap out of Florida and has always owned the SEC, yet OSU owns Michigan.
    Georgia ended up a good team, but they werent when UT beat them. Wisconsin beat a michigan team that was without it's 2 main pieces to the offense (if i remember correctly). Hell, half the teams in the Big 10 would have beaten Mich without Hart and Henne both. That was a momentum game also. I can't put too much in to that.
    It's like the App State win. It was an upset for a reason. Let them play 9 more times and they'd probably lose all 9. But crazy things happen.

Hoffa - you know, if App State was in the SEC that they'd be ranked #10 or higher to start the season.

2. Deuce Wayne

Crompton might be better than Ainge...at throwing interceptions. Then again, he's probably better at throwing TDs at the same time. Ainge was terrible though, so it's not hard to upgrade from him.
    Crompton takes more risks, and is less accurate. Those might measure out but they better have a great offensive line or else he'll be done for.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So wins and losses are no longer a measure for how good a team is? Right.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMHO things could get far worse at UT if Fulmer was replaced. He might not be the best coach in college football but I'd take him over any coach in the SEC except Urban Meyer.

Sabin is way overated (he showed as much this year) and Miles has been blessed with unreal talent so far at LSU.

Fulmer basically had an inferior team last year and still beat Georgia, the #2 team in the country and almost upset the #1 team LSU in the SEC championship.

The SEC is a tough conference to dominate year in and year out. It is especially tough in the SEC eastern conference.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

:biglaugh:
    Spoken like a true Big 10er...:ha:

6. Deuce Wayne

I just showed you how it was faulty logic. Unless you think Kentucky is the best team in the nation, Cal is better than Georgia, and Michigan is better than most the SEC.

If you think that, cool. One is actually correct. But beating team A that beat team B doesn't make you better than team B.

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

You can't do the compare thing. But I do find it humerous to have someone who is a fan of a team that lost to a 1-AA team, talk about how bad another team is...especially since they haven't played a 1-AA team in years, much less lost to them.

Not saying one team is better than another, but you know, the whole glass houses thing.....

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Even more humerous when he claims the SEC schedules cupcakes, while they're scheduling 1-AA teams at the "big" house...:ha:

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

This is the realization that hit me about Phat Phil last year, and it tells me a new coach would be good for UT:

What does it take for Phil to win an SEC or National championship?

The 97' and 98' teams had players like:
    Peyton Manning
    Jamal Lewis
    Travis Henry
    Peerless Price
    John Henderson
    Albert Haynesworth
    Deon Grant
    Al Wilson

and several other players that at least played in the NFL for a few seasons....

So, what does it take for Phil to win? A roster where half the starters become future NFL Probowlers? That's too much. The talent wins in UT over the coaching definately.

That said, I've always kind of liked Phil, and his family is very nice the few times I've met them. I just think he has some of the similar problems that Fisher does when it comes to gameplanning. MAYBE he's seeing that the offense has to have more than WR screens and RB draws.

I'm fairly optimistic about UT this season, because college is so crazy anything can happen. And we've definately got talent in many positions. If Crompton can become "Cromptastic" then maybe we have a crazy 98' like season. It's easy to dream about it in July. :cool:

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

The SEC is the best conference in football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar