Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Favorite Musical Decade

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Broken Record, May 1, 2009.

?

What is your favorite musical era?

Current (2000s) 4 vote(s) 9.8%
1990s 10 vote(s) 24.4%
1980s 8 vote(s) 19.5%
1970s 10 vote(s) 24.4%
1960s 7 vote(s) 17.1%
1950s 1 vote(s) 2.4%
Ancient 1 vote(s) 2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,481
    You are so not paying attention. It was mastered for vinyl, not ipods, so it was mastered quieter. That's mastered, which we've established is a word which you do not understand. It's recorded the same way modern music is: with microphones which have not become "louder" in the past 40 years.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,695
    Weird that you mention the BX5's.. My wife got me a pair for Christmas but they gave me ear fatigue after 10 or 15 minutes even at sub nominal volumes - I swapped them back for a pair of Tapco S8's which I like alot.
    My friend said the M-Audio doesn't fatigue his ears for hours so maybe it's just me..
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,695
    My bugs! My precious bugs!!

[IMG]
    • Tip Jar Donor

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,481
    Speaking of recording, Reaper v. 3 just got released... looks totally kickazzz. If i wasn't a Mac/Logic guy.... http://www.reaper.fm/

And the license is still dirt cheap.
  1. Daves not here Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $1
    60s, 50s, 90s, 70s, 80s, 2000s
  2. Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Moolah:
    $597
    Ears are different.:) To be fair, though, the Tapcos cost about $100 more than the M-Audios. But, $100 is worth no ear fatigue especially when listening to music is your livelihood.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,695
    No doubt.. Back the day they used to have some super high pitched ringing in jewelry stores that bugged my ears out but nobody else seemed to hear (security system?). I can hear dog whistles loud and clear as well - instant headache..
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,623
    I hear you. I almost think it sounds logical, even. But at this point I'm just following through in Gloat fashion.
    1 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,481
    Well played then.
  4. asus64 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Creeping-Cruds and avvie, thnx for the lessons. It's great to actually hear somebody who knows about music dynamics in music recording. If I have further questions, (which i'm sure i do) don't mind my asking you guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.