Favorite Samurai Flicks?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by KamikaZ, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Traci-san wholeheartedly agrees... she loves Zatoichi :cool:

2. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

this is one of those genre's thats hard to get into unless you know someone with taste. (too many really crappy sam flicks out there) Without someone to watch it with i don't see myself ever becoming a big fan. None of that, however, takes away from the beauty of the Seven Sam. Love that movie. and its prob the only true samurai flick i own. (i dont count the kill bills/electra/tom cruise/stiffler movies)

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Well, without sounding too pretentious, the list that me and Buoy put together is quite good (I actually laughed out-loud at how conceited that came off), and I'd recommend anyone to at least dabble with some of the top ones on both of the respective lists. But really, people in the know for this sort of genre routinely list some of these as some of the "best" in the genre. But I agree, this is a genre (like old Kung-Fu/Hong Kong cinema) that you need a few friends that share the taste to REALLY enjoy, because at their core they are very fun films that should be shared!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar