Favourite toy as a kid

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Surviving yet another Christmas and seeing kids playing with their shiny new toys has me waxing nostalgic to the days of my childhood, looking back on some of my more treasured toys. What were your favourite toys growing up?

Here are a few of mine (man I love google image search).

GI Joe Space Capsule
    [​IMG]

Smash Up Derby ("Crash, bang, bash 'em up, Smash Up Derby is fun!")
    [​IMG]

Major Matt Mason (I loved these guys... rubber, bendable... lots of cool gadgetry to lose)
    [​IMG]

Evel Knievel Stunt Set (Not a lot of guys jumping stuff with motorcycles these days, back in the 70's this guy was insanely popular)
    [​IMG]

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Mine has to be electronic football.

That little cotton football and cranking it up like to about 9.5 on the Richter scale. Good times.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

[​IMG]

The Six Million Dollar Man :yes:

[​IMG]

Space Lego :grrhee:

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Transformers....and GI Joes were coolio.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Great topic!

I had that Evel Knievel. Loved it! I also had an RV (in the pic below) that he rode around in and even an electric toothbrush that looked like the rocket cycle deal.

[​IMG]

Another fav of mine was made by Fisher-Price in the "adventure people" line. I used to climb up on top of my garage and throw this guy into the driveway. Parachute didn't always open, so he got a little scuffed up, but I believe my Mom still has him packed away in the attic at home.

[​IMG]

My other favorite was a set of Batman and Robin walkie talkies. Couldn't find a pic, but I'll keep looking. The set also had a "command center" of sorts that was supposed to be the Bat Cave I think.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Finally found them. Even found a commercial. They were called Batcoders and also had a base station.

These were the bomb diggity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AWkmFODyhXg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AWkmFODyhXg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

7. Ditto, but throw in Star Wars toys as well. Those were THE toys for boys back in the 80's.
    Well, up until the Atari 2600 anyway...

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

1. Nerf Football
    2. Nerf Basketball and Hoop
    3. Tecmo Bowl
    4. Whiffle Ball
    5. Star Wars - Snow Speeder
    6. Star Wars - SnowTrooper
    7. Star Wars Boba Fett
    8. Marbles
    9. Transformers - Optimus Prime
    10. Uno

Other nominees:
    Risk
    Monopoly
    Phantasy Star
    Lincoln Loggs
    Millenium Falcon
    Card Board Box
    Slime
    Play Doh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar