Favourite toy as a kid

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I remember that hand held quarterback game. I didn't have that one, but I did have "Football II" that I played for years.

[​IMG]

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I still have mine somewhere.

3. You young guys have power rangers. We had Voltron in the 80's.
    [​IMG]

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Remember when toys were dangerous (and parents were okay with that)

:banned: banned toys of the 70's:banned:

Clackers (these things were insane, anyone who owned a pair also was the proud owner of numerous bruises)
    [​IMG]

more familiar to most would be the ever so fun, but ever so deadly Lawn Darts.
    (it still makes me chuckle to think that these things were ever legal)
    [​IMG]

5. Broken Record

I'll have you know Titanbuoy, that this post led me to a 3 hour tour of Mego Toys all around the internet yesterday. Boys who grew up in the 70s should definitely go to youtube and type in Mego. I watched at least an hour's worth of old commercials.

Also, check out http://www.megomuseum.com

especially the catalog section... awesome site.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think I had spiderman, Aquaman, and Batman. And I had some micronauts, but they seemed a lot cooler than the pics in the museum.

7. Broken Record

Yeah, I know what you mean. Things look alot different through six year old eyes. :ha:

I had Spiderman, Batman, Robin, the Batmobile, the Star Trek ones and the Star Trek playset. I didn't even like Star Trek very much, but apparently they were on sale at Sears one year and I got them instead of the Planet of the Apes ones I wanted.

Crazy thing I noticed is that they actually had all the characters from The Waltons. Who in the hell would buy those??

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I had Batman's plane, Batwing, from the first movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar