Features for a re-designed goTitans.com

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm planning on upgrading the forum soon which means the entire site eventually gets a facelift.

I'm wanting to get ideas from the regulars who visit other vBulletin forum of what features you like.

From my understanding, the new vB will have a blog feature so any member can have their own blog area (Ewker will love it ;)). And I know the photo area is available as well.

If you go to another forum and like something, please post a link to that forum here and let me know what it is you like. I'll visit and start compiling notes.

If you visit other fan pages (not necessarily Titans) and like a feature on the non-forum pages, I'd like to know about that as well.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

"Show new replies to your posts"

I LOVE that feature. It returns a list of only topics you have posted in that have new posts since your last visit.

This forum has it... http://www.smokedsalmonband.com/forum/

3. TitanJeff

Not a vB forum but I would think there has to be a plug-in for that for vB.

4. TitanJeff

Oh, and feel free to include things you think we DON'T need too.

5. mdfan

mdfan Starter

6. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The Chargers site "Glorify the Past" has some great features and has a really nice look and feel to it, but it also tends to crash every couple of weeks, so perhaps a ton of speshy features can be problematic.

At GTP there is a member profile page, where fellow members can leave "visitor messages" and in addition you can see who else has viewed your profile... it's kind of cool.

All in all though I prefer the idea of a stable site that doesn't crash rather than one with a ton of bells and whistles that crashes every two weeks.

edit: ooops forgot the linkage

GTP

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the TV / MOVIE forum should allow for html / embedding

8. TitanJeff

It has for a few weeks now. ;)

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Shoutbox

Reputation is also nice

10. TitanJeff

Isn't the Chatbox we now have on the index similar to Shoutbox?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar