Features for a re-designed goTitans.com

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I do have some flexibility in that a thread needs to be rated by a certain number of members before it is posted. I don't think vB has the ability to do this with individual posts but will look into it.

2. It's not really a big deal. I just figured that if someone comes to the list of threads, they can see how many people thought it was a good one. It's hardly a necessity.

The rating method that's there would work if enough people used it, but that doesn't seem to happen.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Or Leo :grrhee:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eLz5KgBTqPY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eLz5KgBTqPY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4. TitanJeff

Actually, the icons on the index page change depending on the number of views and replies a thread has. It doesn't mean it's good or bad though but usually interesting.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Onya Hoges!!!!!

6. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

Welcome (screenname)
    You have ### unread posts.

Is there a better way of getting through unread posts? Clicking through them one at a time; plus the 30 sec wait seems to be a bit of a hassle, especially if the user has been away and has some catching up to do.

7. TitanJeff

"30 sec wait?" You must be on dial up.

You can use your usercp area to select the forum areas you want to have pop up when you select to read unread posts. That may speed up the process some.

Better solution is to get yourself by the forum more often. ;)

8. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

No. I have an incredibly fast connection. Dial-up would be scary. Usually I click on the quantity of unread posts, then on a thread. If I come out of one thread and click on another too quickly I'll get a vB message like:

"This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in ## seconds."

I am here practically everyday. :yes:

9. TitanJeff

Oh, that's about the search function. I have that set for 30 seconds because that is one of those functions which really can bog down the server.

Generally, I get the index with all my new messages, read one thread, then hit the back button to get back to the index. Saves a ton of time. :)

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Make it Blackberry friendly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar