Feed the BEAST!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Wrath, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Career Leaders and Records for Rushing Yards | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The problem with Henry is that he was an impulse pick. We passed over him twice because we believed we were set at RB with so many in camp and then getting Murray, but when he was still there someone finally came to their senses and said Damn, we just can't pass this up. So now they have had to scheme parts of the offense for him, and I think down deep they know he is a really good player. For all we know for DM to come here he may have had something in his contract about percentage of carries, etc. It's obvious to pretty much everyone that Henry needs to be on the field and get carries. I don't think we acquire DM if we ever dreamed that Henry would be sitting there in the 2nd round. But maybe they wanted a seasoned back to help out a rookie QB. Wish we were privy to the mindset sometimes. What really bothers me is that DM has not been the same since the Jags game, and why they haven't rested him and brought up Fluellen to see what he brings is a mystery. I guess by next year they will have it sorted out.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

JRob was told to protect Mariota. The best way to protect a young QB is to have a solid OL and a running game. The year before we were trotting out Sankey/Andrews/McCluster as our RBs....so we obviously had a need for 2 new RBs. I think JRob all along was going to get 1 vet RB and then draft a rookie RB. He didn't feel that we had to take one early, but when Henry fell to our spot in the 2nd he couldn't pass him up. It was not an impulse pick it was using your draft board for BPA as well as need.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

So you think we would have taken ANY running back with that pick? I highly doubt it, especially with all the RB's we had in camp already.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm saying the plan was to draft a RB. So when we drafted one it was not an impulse move. You stack your draft board and when BPA meets an obvious need then you make the pick.

When you talk of all these RBs in camp who are you referring too???

6. JBC

JBC Starter

JRob doesn't seem to me to be an impulse type GM. Has a plan, and executes it. I am sure he had Henry on his board at a certain range. I can't remember any draft talk that had Henry as a first round pick. He was projected to be a 2nd round pick, and that's where he went.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

There's not a "need" for Henry to get carries because he's the 2nd best back on the team. Until he's the best- he doesn't warrant getting carries over anyone else.

I am still impressed by his effort so far though. Hope he keeps that chip on his shoulder.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The guy that randomly cuts players (without having others to replace them) constantly doesn't seem like an impulse guy to you? The guy that took Dodd in the 2nd round? Ehh...

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im sure Cox was on the chopping block for weeks before he got axed. We've been yelling thru our TV's at Cox since like week-4

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Seriously? Cox was an impulse decision. Cutting the worst CB in the league doesn't exactly scream impulse. If he had one horrendous game and we cut him, sure. Unfortunately we had to watch him for 12 and it was time to make a move.

Yes Dodd hasn't done well but are we all seriously going to write him off 12 games into his rookie year? Thats impulsive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar