Feelin' a draft? Rnds 1-3

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The fact we drafted a TE in each of the last 2 drafts a 3rd for 08 and the 2nd for 2010 all but guarantees that bo scaife and algae crumpler will not be in a titan uniform in 2010. To me is is obvious.

The pick we gave up to get cook is for next year. Next year bo sciafe will not be a titan. Makes perfect sense to me. In the meantime it gives us another weapon in our passing game for THIS YEAR.

I assumed we were going to draft cook with our 2nd rd pick this year and would have been happy with that so i have no problem giving up next years 2nd for him.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why? Because we might've had a near equal running back 2 rounds later?

Kidding really, I think CJ is better than Slaton but it's not a longshot.

Soxcat, I really don't understand your problem with posters discussing draft picks. Is it because you prefer threads like "what would we get if we trade chris johnson?" Or is it because you prefer news threads? There wouldn't be much need for a forum if all we do is say, "well the Titans did it, so it's great, rah rah yay yay go team." Is it because we fans aren't professionals so therefore we don't have the right to question what the pro's do?

I'm just really curious because it doesn't seem you are debating a player with Gut, but dissing his whole thread just because he's discussing draft picks. And I just don't get that.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jared cook or travis beckum?

Did we draft the best pass receiving TE?

Beckham and cook were, are similar prospects but while some are concerned about cook's lack of big time production at south carolina beckham was the ultimate producer in college. Should we have taken beckham instead?

4. Alex1939

My problem with that is the Titans philosophy of constantly replacing players that have been working for them. Scaife has been good for us, but our first option is to use a 2nd rounder to replace him?

Like I said, it only makes sense if they know Scaife is going to ask for some ridiculous contract.

It'll be interesting to see who is available where we would've been next year. That will really answer whether we should be happy with the decision.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Are alex and gut related? Sure seem to agree quite often.

Gut likes to pretend to be the intellectual contrarian who always seems to have a negative take on things.

For the record i also was concerned that CJ would be another reggie bush as a runner and didn't like the pick..

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

They don't think that sciafe is a top 10 TE rather more an average nfl starter.

Why pay sciafe $5M a year when the combined cap hit of cook and stevens will be less than $2M.

More than that this was an example of them really liking a player and going out and getting him. I think they were strongly considering cook for the 62 nd pick but decided to go where we had the greatest need.

7. Alex1939

No.

"always"... re-read the original post and prove that every take is negative.

So basically you do the same thing Gut does, look at players and form your opinion, sometimes right sometimes wrong.

I had thought about that and it really does make the most sense as to what the Titans FO was thinking.

I'm just fairly concerned about our other positions that will need upgrading/replacing which is why I thought giving up next year's second made little sense.

Like I said previously, I would've been happier not drafting Mouton and using that pick to draft Cook. (Even if it meant packaging that 3rd rounder with a late pick to move up a few spots)

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think they were concerned that the colts would take him ahead of us and he potentially could be huge in that offense. That has to be it otherwise i agree with you just take cook with our third rd pick and maybe make the trade to get in rd 4.

I like what they did in getting a player they liked.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No not at all because gut bashed most of the ideas people had prior to the draft.

I started a thread about robert ayers as a guy who would be a nice pick at 30 for us because he could play every line position and gut bashed him.

He bashed britt before as well saying he can't catch the ball and he said that ziggy hood was not good value because he "flatl lined" as a player.

10. Alex1939

So your point is that pre-draft players shouldn't be discussed? Or discussion should only include positive aspects?

I'm not a Robert Ayers fan, and I've watched every college game he played in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar