Fernando Velasco has big hops, hopes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Fernando Velasco stands 6-4, and he’s played plenty of basketball in his day.

But can the Titans really center dunk a basketball? At 308 pounds?

Some of his teammates say “no”, but Velasco confidently says “yes.”

“I’ve had a lot of guys betting against me,’’ Velasco said. “We may have to get in the gym after the season and check it out, so I can move all my haters to the side.”

Prior to the start of Sunday night’s practice, Velasco jumped up and touched the crossbar – which is 10 feet off the ground, like a basketball rim – with ease.

“I was in full pads, so dunking a basketball is no problem for me,’’ Velasco said. “It’s nothing fancy, just a simple, basic, one-handed dunk – that’s all I’ve got. But I can dunk it.”

Velasco, who is trying to keep the starting spot he held last year, entered training in great shape, he said. During the offseason he did some hot yoga, and hot boxing, while also working in the team’s offseason program.

Veteran Rob Turner and Velasco have taken turns working with the first group at center and guard. Rookie Brian Schwenke is expected to be in the mix as well when he returns from a hamstring injury. As a restricted free agent, Velasco signed a one-year deal with the team earlier this offseason.

“I feel good,’’ Velasco said. “I know it is a big year for me, so I headed in feeling good and ready to go.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Is JCB filling in for Titans Insider today?

:troll:

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey my threads get posts, the fans cant get enough JCB threads.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

IDK. Scarecrow and Titans Eternal what do you think?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

ugh

as annoying as it is sometimes he does give people something to talk about.

6. JCBRAVE

Hey, WTF happened to all the smilies?

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

We've discussed this a few times via PM. :bliss:

8. JCBRAVE

You know you're good when the little people are talking about you behind your back.

JCB for President

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar