Fess up - the flicks etc. that SCARED you the most!

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Well it is Halloween week - time to fess up to the flicks, TV episodes, books and so on that scared you the most.

I've revisited some movies that scared me as a kid recently..

HORROR HIGH - early 70's Drive In Jekyll/Hyde themed flick. I was just too young to see the high school janitor and his cat get cooked in a vat of acid. A more recent watch proved laughable though I was glad that after all these years I was able to check this off my list of movies I finally made it thru.

BLACK SABBATH - the featurette called "Drop of Water" totally did me in as a kid and still does every time I see it. Bava's creepy old lady corpse floating across the room gives me shivers just thinking about it.. The Wurdelack (another featurette) starring Karloff has a few scenes of shock worthy of mentioning as well..

TRILOGY OF TERROR - every kid I knew saw this TV movie when it first aired and didn't sleep subsequently. It was talked about for months at school. Karen Black is hunted by a living Tiki doll in here apartment. Doesn't hold up as well as Bava but still has a moment or two of decent fright.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I didn't watch many scary movies while I was still young enough to be scared of them. Remember staying up late one night watching one that was pretty freaky to me at the time though... don't remember the title, but it was about a little adopted boy who killed people. Ended up using a skeleton from his science class to get away in the end and make them think that he died when he burned his foster family's bodies. Maybe it was called Daniel, or he was named Daniel?

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Not my genre, but at least I have a relevant story...

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

back when I was a kid (yes there were movies then) the horror movies basically left it up to your imagination to get you scared. I can remember the scenes where Dracula was getting ready to bite the woman's neck then it would fade away. If those movies came out today they would flop bigtime

Nowdays it is more shock and awe or who can be the bloodiest.

4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

It ...

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Don't Look Now

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Candy Man scared the hell out of me when I was little. My mom probably shouldn't have let me watch that one...

7. joker8491

joker8491 Camp Fodder

Horror express scared me as a kid. That's all I remember about the movie.

As an adult: Suspiria, The Descent and Haute Tension. Audition was messed up too.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The Exorcist (raised Catholic), Scream (first horror flick I saw in theatres), Nightmare on Elm Street (made me stay up for 30 hours), The Orphanage (very creepy), REC (wow), The Descent (first horror film I watched tripping) and The Blair Witch Project (I was young and thought it was real footage and that they had died).

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

blair witch project and the infamous standing in the corner scene

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Blair Witch Project - Me and 3 mates watched it huddled around the computer with no one else home. Very freaky.

Paranormal Activity - My girlfriend and I watched it on blu-ray in an empty house. I live in a 2 story house, all I could think about was the footsteps and expecting to hear it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar