Field Worries .... Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I know this has talked about multiple times before, but I'll bring it up again because I am bored out of my skull at work.

We have the Music City Bowl on Friday at noon, with of course our game with the Patriots on Sunday. Sandwiched in between these games looks to be about a day and a half of rain. Sunday looks like early rain in the morning, but 10-20 mph winds and 30 mph gusts after.

Take a bad field, and throw in what looks like windy conditions, we could see a man-sized portion of The Cheese. However, the Patriots have played on a pretty crappy field for most of the season, so they might feel right at home.

I would love for Travis and Lendale to have career games with a victory on Sunday, and of course carry that into the playoffs.

Cheering a Bungles loss, a Jags loss, and a Denver choke.

2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

i dont understand why our field sucks, Vandy's field looks good, Ut's is great, highschool fields look better. I guess field turff is the solution, but Fisher wants grass; actually i could care less if we played on concrete, it just sux hearing all of the broadcasters rip on our field.

3. maybe cause more games are played on it.. for instance that field is shared by two and not just by one. TSU and Tennessee Titans

4. 10ECTyrant

Thats no excuse we spend hundreds of thousands of dollars per years on the grounds. 5 games for TSU and 8 for our titans at LP 8= 13 games. our field should still look better.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I heard that UT's grass has heat underneath it to keep it looking good. If we aren't going to switch to field turf ala the Patriots, why not just do what UT does so our field doesn't look like it's for grazing goats.

6. 10ECTyrant

why wasnt the heat put down in the first place? thats what i would like 2 know. Hell this is the NFL, gotta bone up.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

when you play a game on saturday then play one on sunday, there isnt much time for it recover.

8. 10ECTyrant

There were only 3 weekends where they both played on that field.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

This weekend could be rough with rain predicted for Saturday and the Music City bowl. I don't see anyway possible they can repair the field in that short of time. This is one time I think Fisher is being anal about playing on grass. I have heard nothing but good things about field turf, and see no reason not to switch, especially with someone as agile as Vince that needs good footing to perform. Even the Pats put it in for Brady this year after the Jets loss.

10. 10ECTyrant

Exactly! either fix our field where 90% of the time its great or put down field turf, its supposed to play and feel like real grass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar