Fiesta Bowl prospects to watch

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I knew that "think outside the box" comment would get you :lol:

Trade down, get Hawk and picks? I like the idea, if we really believe the guys a few spots behind us won't grab him.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah just look at who's behind us and who might want to pick #3 (Oakland comes to mind , so does San Fran - ESPECIALLY if Lienart / Young or Bush respectively are still on the board)

I saw a rumor that Oakland may try to deal to get up

wait a minute,... this should be in a draft thread

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hawk needs to be wearing titan's blue next year.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

back to the Fiesta Bowl prospects (regardless of when they come out)

Troy Smith didn't let me down all game. I like the guy. he had several moves that reminded me of McNair. I'm glad he took a risk to attend a McNair sponsored camp. If he were to come out this year, i'd have no problem taking him. if he doesn't come out, he could be an early Heismann candidate

Ted Ginn Jr. another impressive performance
    Santonio Holmes had a healthy game

both OU LB's looked good

ND
    Darius Walker did about all he could I guess
    Brady Quinn disapointed me somewhat - maybe from all the pressure

overall, I think it's a toss-up between Troy Smith and Ted Ginn Jr.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Hawk looks in the mold of Brian Urlacker. He might be best as the MLB in a 4-3 where he stays on the field in the nickel. He has great speed and insincts and would immediantly upgrade our defense big time.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think he could do either MLB or Sam for us. No matter which position he plays, he'd stay on the field in the nickle. I think I'd rather see him at OLB.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I Was listening to 106.7 (ESPN Radio - Nashville) earlier and they were discussing AJ. Neither of the guys believed that AJ would be on the field day1 nor would he be a ProBowl caliber player anytime soon.
    Brian Urlacher was a guy they compared him to and the consensus is that he's not an Urlacher type guy

not that this is my opinion, just thought I'd pass along the media's

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

And some of the media is still on Vick's jock. That's why we form our own opinions :winker:

9. being a Diehard Buckeye Fan i would have no problem if Tennessee selected Hawk i really dunno at 3 though

Troy Smith is gonna be a starting QB on Sundays one day he has Great Leadership, a Hell of an Arm, very strong in standing in the pocket and hardly makes a bad decision. another yr at OSU is really gonna help him

Santonio Holmes is prolly the best WR in the draft this yr....great speed, excellent hands and he said that he was only about 65% the whole season b/c of his foot

Teddy is gonna be next yrs Bush, the guy is an absolute stud and has only been playing WR for 2 yrs (was recruited as a CB) has blazing Speed (faster than Bush)....i'll really get to see what he can really do next yr b/c he is the #1 wr b/c Holmes is leaving and im sure you guys saw what he could do vs ND

**i have some Realtime clips of Teddy but i cant post them until i have 15 posts, so if anyone wants to see them let me know**

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar