Fight Night Round 4 is kind of hard...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. iQon

iQon Starter

First, what are your attributes?

Second, you guys should realize this is typical EA. They don't improve AI, half the time they just "cheat" to make the difficulty higher. (How many of you have dealt with Madden's "Robo QB"? Just google it, I deal with that crap every year whenever I'm sitting on a comfortable lead. No difference in Fight Night)

Also, if you guys are having problems, start out on Amateur and work your way up. I'm on GOAT at this point and with a limited schedule, I only lose when I decide to just go all out swinging. I even beat Tyson, who can be ridiculously hard with "robo QB" like abilities. (Knock him down or go into the last round of a fight winning on points, and you'll see him go crazy with infinite flurries)

Also adjust the sliders.
    -Boxer toughness Nearly max this out, it limits flash knockdowns and stuns in general. If you're KO happy, then go ahead and lower it. Just realize it can affect YOU as well. I've been knocked down by set up jabs (no stun, just flash ko. You'll hate to have a fight end in a draw thanks to that).
    -Lower SPEED by one notch and increase power by 2.
    -Increase counter window by 4. (Lower this with each step in difficulty)
    -Increase Physical Damage (If you don't use the little health bars, this gives you better hints of where you are inflicting the most damage)
    -CPU awareness... I'd start on Amateur and nearly MAX this. There are no real easy win glitches, you have to learn to fight wisely. This will train you to find several ways to sneak in punches/develop combos. And it will make you hold off on the stick at times, which prevents getting countered. Find a boxer that fits YOUR style and work from here. (I can help anyone who needs to find their boxer)

Overall, very easy game. But it will take time. I was great at Round 3 and found myself on Amateur in Round 4. Now I have the hang of it. Everybody won't compete on GOAT, but Champion is beatable within 10 fights.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nope. Sorry tough guy, I play on 360. And I stopped playing EA games online long ago due to how easy it is for people to cheat. Any time you're going to get a win you get screwed by a disconnect.

And I finally figured it out. Basically just can't try to shoot up the ranks too fast. I was trying to fight the best fighter available every fight, and got in over my head. Stepped up the difficulty now and I'm 30-0 right now just because I trained more this time on my way up.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Ya, on your career you hafta train 3 times for every fight, and you definitely dont wanna fight the best dude available. But that wont help ya if u run across me online. Ill merk ya. No cheatin, just strait a$s poundin

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No doubt. I'm not that good at it, so I wouldn't doubt it. Spar with me in the gym instead! :D haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar