Final Decisions Soon to be Made on Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I couldn't agree more. :thumb:

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Definitely. The exciting thing is that it looks like that may very well happen. Before the Brees trade, it looked like we'd have an easy pick because everyone was saying that Bush/Leinart/Young were a lock for the top 3, and the Titans would just take the leftover of those guys.

The Brees trade is the biggest single shakeup move of the draft so far, at least from our perspective.

The pressure has to have been mounting for Reese since that day because now he doesn't have the luxury of just picking the obvious (unless someone trades up for Leinart or Young). If our pick is a bust and one of the other QBs flourishes somewhere it will greatly impact Reese's job. I bet he won't get much sleep over the next two weeks, maybe not much over the next two years.

3. but if they were smart they would have been going vince all the way, clear and easy decision for me and 2 other guys at least that i know of

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ok, I've ignored it for like a week. This is NOT a clear and easy decision. We have two QBs (maybe 3, depending on opinion of cutler) that are incredibly talented and have the potential to be the face of their franchises for the next ten years. However, both are significant risks. You can't say that Vince Young will definitely be a success in the NFL, you also can't say it for Leinart. I'm incredibly excited about this draft and our choices, and can't wait to see who we go with, but one thing I can't agree with, it's not an easy decision.

5. I'm really looking forward to the Titans picking Voung and also to see how the rest of the draft pans out.

I wanna see if the Titans make a move to get a 3rd rounder, and to see if they take a MLB in the 2nd round which IMO, they should.

Owner and Player Greed is Killing the Game!!!

6. im just hoping that we can get vince, or rather we do get vince

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, I think we could package 6th or 7th round pick with Volek/McNair, Sirmon or Piller to get back to the third.

8. thats what we need to do with mcnair since hes not comming back, get something out of himat least

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Interesting comments by fisher..

ESPN just did a brief piece on how hard it is to make a decision about a QB. The bust factor etc. There were several quotes from some coaches and fisher said this..paraphrase..."the coach likes one guy, the GM another and the other coaches and scouts want you to draft someone else". ..

Does this mean that all these guys are on a different page? Chow likes lienart, fisher likes young and reese likes cutler?

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think that will always be the case, and that was what Fisher meant. Just look at how divided opinions of te QB are on this forum. Why should the Titans organisation be any different?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar