Final Roster guesses

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, if there were to be a 4th, it'd be JP, but I just don't want to have a drop off. I'd almost rather run the big 3 until they can't see straight. Special teams will be what secures Payton, but I still think we're going to be down 2 TEs all year. I also think Hall will get carries, which is why I left Payton off the final roster.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree with that. Another reason I wouldn't keep Payton. I might keep 2 FBs. Not many of those dudes can go deep, and Fleming sure can. And why don't you let the 2nd leading rusher in high school football get some real carries every now and again? Not sure I ever understood that.

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Are we interested in Grady Jackson, Gary Walker or Brentson Buckner to fill out our D? Nice thread by the way Glinks.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Orr is too good for the practice squad, I'd have him active instead of small. Schobel is a bust, Dolphins picked up D Wilkinson for $3 mill over 3 yrs & he looked good on saturday. Time to can some of our bubble players & try some old vets

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Is this with or without the oxygen masks.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Thank you childress. The only thing I saw that made me shake my head was keeping OJ Small. We're not getting rid of orr, he's a special teams player and a draft pick. Small can still be on the practice squad. I think we'd keep Orr even if we can't PUP Jones.

7. Nash

Nash Starter

Nice post- I suspect Roydell Williams might be traded for a young DE prospect...you still have 6 pretty good receivers...Givens, Bennett, Wade, Jones, Roby, Orr...I also see us picking up another O line vet to replace Pillar, and start Bell at LG and Stewart at RT.. not sure what to say about Olsen.

8. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I don't know that we'll even PUP Jones. Isn't he supposed to be almost healthy now? I know we don't want to rush him, but still...Orr is a keeper, Small maybe not.

I also think it's time to write a check for some solid vet DL's. Not stars, mind you, but somebody (like Daddy Wilkinson would've been) who can come in a contribute. We've got some cap space, so why not?

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Who gives us anything for Williams? He's unproven as is Roby. I don't see any trade value there. Reese MUST find some quality DL/DE depth. Schobel is gone unless Odom goes to the PUP. Reese will be all over the waiver wire.

The decision to keep Piller/Olson at guard was made long ago. I don't think they will shake this up now.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

We don't have any trade material outside our RB's, so we're going to have to look to the waiver wire or current FA's, imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar