Final Stats - Big 3

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNThunder, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

I, too, think Cutler will eventually be the best passer of the three...another Brett Favre in the making. Even as a rookie, Jay's passer rating (88.7) is the eighth highest in the league, placing him just above Tom Brady and slightly below Phillip Rivers.....an incredible accomplishment.

Leinart looked very good, too. Give him an O-line, and he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

However, it's quite possible that when all is said and done, VY could still be considered the greatest of the three....not necessarily as a passer, but as an all-around leader, a guy who makes the players around him better....a guy who just wins games. Consider everything VY accomplished this year, even as the lowest-rated passer in the league; now imagine how dangerous he would be with a QB rating of 85....a very realistic goal. The Titans' offense with VY at the helm would be virtually impossible to defend. Vince might not have the eye-popping statistics that Cutler and Leinart will almost certainly put up, but he could end up with the best career W/L record of all of 'em.

To illustrate: consider Cutler's spectacular numbers, and how quickly he developed; along with Cutler's performance, the Broncos had a strong running game and a very respectable defense, and yet they were 2-3 with Jay under center. Vince, OTOH, had pretty lousy passing numbers and an awful defense, but managed to go 8-5 with a considerably weaker team.

I'm telling ya, the kid's something special....and he's only just started.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Cutler was who I wanted out of the three, and although he's only played 5 games he's been more efficient than the others so far. He and Young are in similar situations with talent, so let's not use that excuse. The guy has all the tools. I can't name one offensive player on that team. Driver?
    They'll all 3 be good. Vince has the intangibles, Cutler has the skills, and Lienart is well rounded.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd beg to differ.

javon walker has more talent in his little finger than all of our WRs combined.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Walker
    Targets Drops Percent Caught Percent First Down
    126 6 54.8 42.1

Wade
    58 2 56.9 37.9

Bennett
    98 5 46.9 36.7

Jones
    55 5 49.1 38.2

That's an impressive "little finger" he has. I don't see much difference.

5. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Cutler took over a team that was 7-4 and went 2-3 as a starter.

6. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Just to be fair

What was VY record in his first five games???

7. Fry

walker
    69 receptions 1084 yards 8 tds

wade
    33 receptions 461 yards 2 tds

bennett
    46 receptions 737 3 tds

jones
    27 receptions 384 yards 4 tds

walker out did every single one of our WRs with jake plummer throwing to him for 11 games and coming off a torn ACL.

and by using your, chad johnson is not better than any of our WRs since he has a catch% of 57%

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think the best of these three is determinded by how much you win. This year obviously Young. Down the road though who knows. We don't exactly have the most talent. Or a go to WR or RB.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

What's your point? Denver throws the ball a lot more than we do. In 5 games Cutler threw for half the yards Vince did in 15. I posted percentages because of that. Denver also has overall worse receivers than we do. Walker is their only really go to guy. Vince does throw the ball as well as Plummer or Cutler. Apples and oranges.

10. Fry

who is our go to guy? i dont know, but i know walker is better.

like i said, if you go by the percentages, guys like chad johnson(57), walker(54), boldin(55), ward(59), holt(52) and s. moss(54) are no better than the guys we have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar