Finally a good McNair article that makes sense.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 954titan, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

Ray Lewis, Brett Farve nor Marvin Harrison are dead because of those decisions. I don't really care that he cheated on his wife. Yeah it may make me think of him as kind of a jerk but it would not make me think any less of him on the field or in the community. McNair was a great guy on the field but he made a bad decision that cost his four sons a father. You can argue that he did not know that the girl he cheated on his wife with was mentally unstable which I chose to believe but others don't, just turn on ESPN or listen to the radio. It tarnishes his legacy for me, not completely but his record definitely has a black mark on it.

Michael Vick isn't a member of PETA and Dante Stallworth isn't a member of MADD but we all know their legacies will definitely be tarnished.

Just to let you guys know, I am defending the perceptions of others not my own, I honestly do not think Steve knew the girl had emotional problems this big.

2. 954titan

954titan Camp Fodder

Vick killed dogs and broke federal laws. Dante Stallworth broke a law by driving drunk and on top of that he killed a human. McNair having an affair is not breaking any laws..and he didnt kill anyone...someone killed him. No compairson. Stallworth was in no danger of having a legacy before he killed that man..so it wont be any surprise if 10 years from now thats all people remember him for.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

Vick killed dogs and broke federal laws. Dante Stallworth broke a law by driving drunk and on top of that he killed a human. McNair having an affair is not breaking any laws..and he didnt kill anyone...someone killed him. No compairson. Stallworth was in no danger of having a legacy before he killed that man..so it wont be any surprise if 10 years from now thats all people remember him for.[/QUOTE]

Right, but it was his decision to have an affair which ultimately cost his sons a father. No matter how you look at it, it is still his fault that his kids don't have a father, according to some people.

Once people have opinions on subjects this emotional they never will give them up. The fact that there is a debate about if his legacy will be tarnished or not means that some people believe that it is. A legacy is not created by someone's actions, but how others perceive them.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'll also remember him as the dumb@$$ that turned down an offer from our FO that was more than what the Pats were offering when he chose them...only to see less playing time with them than he probably would have seen here.

I guess he did US a favor by turning that offer down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar