Finally beat Gears of War.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I liked the game, but it didn't quite live up to the hype for me. Basically, the controls were a bit clunky. Getting your character to run sucked. And the whole crouch for cover, peep, then shoot deal was kind of the one trick pony to this game that just got a bit old. The story was hardly a story....but it looks like more will be told in the sequel.

On the flip side, I loved the graphics. It's got some replay value for different paths you can take (I'd like to see that expanded upon). The gameplay was unique, and fun, just needs tweaking I guess. I liked the feel of the weapons and the weapon menu. Liked the new way to reload a weapon. Some of the dialogue was pretty funny.

I'll give the game an 8.8 rating. Fun game, just not quite meeting my expectations. I look forward to the next game, and hope it's a little better more in-line to what I think a game of the year candidate should be.

Anyone played Farcry for the 360? I think I'll try it next.

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

The multiplayer is where its at.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Maybe so, but I think any great game should have a great single player campaign.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I played a little bit of Instincts
    it's alright, but not in the same class as Gears

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I agree, but most shooters are going to a shorter campaign and more in detail multiplayer....IE COD 4

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

but at least the campaign for COD4 was good. way to short, but good.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

To me, any $60 game should satisfy on-line and single player.

I liked COD4 more than gears, but I wouldn't have thought so before playing both.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Call of Duty 4 is one of the best games going around.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

some people were lukewarm to Gears because it engaged you to approaching shooters using your cover

10. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I liked using the cover. Added a little strategy to the game. To really get a good feel for the game I think you need to play on insane. Adds a real element of danger and plus you have to pretty much stay in cover the entire game. If not you are dead in seconds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar