Finally beat Gears of War.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the Game of the Year edition adds a few expansion packs Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, which will add another 20 hours or so to the already lengthy campaign

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ah ok, I'll see if I can find that.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's alot easier to find the GOY edition as opposed to the regular edition
    the drawback ? the GOY ed. costs roughly $60, while the original version has dropped to around $30

so if the Shivering Isles expansion doesn't appeal to you , then you might consider the og.,.....then again, there may be more to it than just KoN and SI in the GOY, there were several downloadable scenarios available like The Orrery, Mehrunes Dagger, The Thieves Den, The Wizard Tower etc.. that may be apart of the GOY .... not sure, but should be

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I usually complain about games being too short....but can they be too long? :ha:

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't think a game can be too long. But it can be too repetitive. That is for sure. A good long game that is visually and mentally stimulating would be the end all be all of the gaming world. I thought Oblivion got a little repetitive. Though it certainly had a lot of life to it. I'm getting the sense that Asassins Creed, despite it's incredibly sized cities, is a bit repetitive too. But I still have a lot to learn about this game. I really wish in creed you could go inside the buildings. Anyway, I think games should go for length, but they need to get more creative as they do so, because I do not want to be doing the same things over and over again like the rover for Mass Effect. That is just a waste of my time. I want to explore new stuff, do new stuff, and discover new stories. That is where the fun is at. Oblivion certainly is my style of game tho'. I think they are on the right path.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the thing about Oblivion is that you can charge through the campaign without having to do much in the guilds
    but doing the guild quests certainly add depth and length to the experience
    i do suggest completing the bulk of the guilds before venturing to deep into the Dark Brotherhood or the Thieves Guild. killing and stealing is frowned upon :grrhee:
    it is possible though to run them all simultaneously, that way you don't have to do so much backtracking. you also aquire some nice houses without having to buy them as you trek through the guilds

if there's one thing I think they could have forced more emphasis on is sleeping and eating.... you literally can go the entire game without eating and only sleeping when you need to level up

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I love the wide open exploring of Oblivion. There is a bit of repetitiveness though. So much searching through bodies and crates to either find nothing or too much of the same thing. Wastes a bit of time.

I've got to get either more lockpics or a stronger spell to open locked boxes. I've left too many behind after breaking picks or only being able to open very easy locks with my spell.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

there is a Skeleton Key
    it's the reward for one of the Daedra quests
    google it and go do it
    it's unlimited and unbreakable

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Sweet thanks Puck.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ok just found out you have to be level 10 to get that key. I'm level 3. Is there a quick way to level up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar