FINALLY Jason McCourty gets some recognition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

J-Mac could become a free agent after next season. And truthfully, I'd rather not sign Finnegan so that way we could re-sign McCourty.

2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

ahh JC ma man, the Titans FO has taught you to think that way.

nah i, check that we, need em both.

but to b completely honest, ATV might b better than J-Mac after its all said and done. i dant put a finger on it but from what i've seen from that kid, i've always been very impressed.

and btw the reason the FO is possibly OK with not signing Finny (this is the only reason that is valid IMO), is not just because of JMAC/ATV's success, but also the rookie Hawkins (Chris). he played really well when called upon during games and possibly in practice.

so in the event we have 4 good cbs maybe i'd be ok with not resigning Finny, but INSTEAD, i need me some Mario (back at his natural 4-3 DE)

regardless, id offer Finny 7M over a 3/4 year, maybe 8. if he doesn't accept than yes, i would agree in not resigning him - he is worth that though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Very Titans mindset to think will be just fine if we let go of Finny. I really hope we don't do that.

And no way ATV is as good as J-Mac. I used to think the same but J-Mac distanced himself in a major way this year. Very, very good in coverage. Something ATV will never be. Don't get me wrong, I like ATV but he's no J-Mac.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

J Mac stepped up big in the last game and as the season progressed but I think Verner and McCourty are pretty close in effectiveness. They're both really solid corners who still seem to be improving. Hopefully we give them more man assignments this upcoming season with help over top so that we can really see them shine.

If Finny is back, or if Campbell/Hawkins can fit in nice at the nickel position then we might have a pretty stout defense. I'm honestly not too concerned about the defense heading into next year. I think the right decisions will be made personnel wise and we'll improve as a unit.

The only things that really concern me are our O-Line issues. If we can fix those we'll be able to compete with anybody. I think both our personnel and run schemes will have to improve for us to have the well rounded offense we'll need to go all the way.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree

I have a good feeling about all our positions of need except the o line.

I think it will get fixed, because I highly doubt our coaching staff let our biggest weakness sit around and not allow them to be our biggest strength. Munch will be feeling alot of pressure if we get a similar performance next year.

Not too worried about our defense. If Finny does not come back, I believe we have enough depth at that position. Our linebackers are going to benefit greatly from a full off season. Our defensive line I think will be fine. I think Morgan will come into his own and while not being a double digit sack guy, will provide us better overall defensive end play.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Good article.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

J-Mac (I now think of Justin Mccareins every time I see that)... is alright.

Solid. But I don't think he's anything special. I think Verner is a better CB and has proven that a few times now.

He's our 3rd best DB in my opinion. Definitely worth keeping, but not a superstar in the making or anything.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Team will be fine without Finnegan. Team will be far better with him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I have no beef that you prefer Verner, but why??? The team doesn't play Verner unless there's 3 WR's. McCourty never comes off the field, and even beat Verner twice in camp.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Twice? McCourtey was in a fight with Verner last season and got injured... then most of us felt that Verner was clearly the better player going forward.

Now somehow McC has taken the position back, but Verner always stands out to me more every time he plays. He plays with an aggressiveness that McC just doesn't have. Better in run support, better in coverage. Doesn't give near the cushion that JMac gives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar