FINALLY Jason McCourty gets some recognition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

They both give up a lot of cushion so I tend to believe that's not them choosing to do that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i havnt seen enough from ATV to dub him better than J-Mac. He needs to start for at least a couple of seasons before such a conclusion can be made.

But again to what i already said, from what i have seen, ATV is the better CB.

This season, when Finny lined up inside (which happened a lot) on 3-WR sets, ATV shut down #1 WRs many-a-times.

Im not saying J didnt do well, because he too faced quite a bit of good receivers (both #1s and #2s), but he is a starter and is 'in the flow' of the game.

When asking some1 to just step in every so often and cover the best WR, thats not easy. It was actually ATV that allowed Finny to move inside on 3WR sets. Had ATV stunk on the outside (ala Mouton) it would have never gone that way.

Again i need to see more, but so far been very impressed with him.

As a whole (assuming we keep Finny and including C.Hawkins as depth b/c he seems to be a baller in the making) we have a top flight group. Add a consistent pass rush and you will have a very strong D (thats even if we don't upgrade at safety)

3. JCBRAVE

Verner is slow, without the sideline, he would be shredded apart. Not saying he's bad at all, he's actually quite good, but IDK why some of you refuse to recognize J-Mac as better. He's better in every way, it usually takes Verner 3-4 plays before he can be counted on. He's even talked about how he needs a few plays to dissect what the QB is all about, after those few plays though, he's very good, but not better than #30.

But what ever, you guys are allowed to have different opinions, I just don't like them LOL.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Verner just seems much tighter in coverage than J-Mac to me.

J-Mac doesn't have the same punch to his game. He seems to wait for his WR to make the catch then just doesn't give up the big play. That style has never impressed me in a DB. Personal preference.

5. JCBRAVE

Trust me, I know what you mean, that's why I can't stand Griffin, but J-Mac is breaking passes up all the time, he doesn't sit back and wait to the effect you're claiming. He may do that sure, all DB's do that, but he knows when and when not to wait for WR's. I'm very very pleased with his style of play. Hell, Verner does the exact same thing LOL. Really the only difference in these 2 guys is one is a little faster than the other. It's hard to not like either one, they're both very very good. I just like the fact J-Mac has better recovery speed so if he does slip up, he can still make a play.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Verner has a more aggressive style and goes for the big plays while McCourty sits back and wraps up the WR after the catch. It's not a knock on J-Mac because a lot of CB's are like that but it's not like J-Mac is a pro bowler while Verner never sees the field. Verner just needs a bit more experience on the field and then we can see who is the better CB. Right now it's hard to go wrong with either but if we lose Finnegan and don't find a replacement then I'll be pretty nervous because neither can be a #1 CB.

7. JCBRAVE

McCourty can be a No.1 CB, he practically is when Cortland slides to the nickle.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He has the makings to be one but not sure yet.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

McCourty already is our number one corner. He plays on the left side of the defense which is where the offense's best WR usually lines up. He played it a hell of a lot better than Finnegan did in 2010 too.

10. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Verners speed is really the only question mark to either one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar