Fines Won't Change Style of Play for Finnegan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Cortland Finnegan seems to be a marked man with fines totaling $35,000 in the month of December. But the Pro Bowl CB sees it as a good thing. "The fines? Listen, bro, I'm not mad about any of that. It all goes to charities anyway. I am never going to tone it down," Finnegan said. "As long as I play they are going to have to kick me out because I'm not going to change. I am a little guy with little guy syndrome and I am going to keep pushing it. That's just the way I play." On Saturday, he'll face Derrick Mason who he butted heads with in the first Ravens vs. Titans match-up in Week 3. Teammates expect to see lots more of Finnegan's feistiness. "Cortland is an animal, man, and you don't want to contain an animal," Stephen Tulloch said. "You want him out there with his intensity, playing his game. Turn him loose. And I think we all feed off that."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I would expect no less from him.

Go Finny! Put DMase on his ***!

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

dmase is a punk *****

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I'm down for it. I like Cortland's feisty attitude. To me it says what we are all about on defense. Just like Tulloch said i'm sure it fires them all up. Just not to the point of last game between these teams. If Cortland can just keep it from that point we're all good.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i've got no problem with the way he plays, i enjoy it actually, but he can't give the opposing team free yards like he did against the ravens and texans.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I will pay Finnegan $1,000 if he can knock a tooth out of Derrick Mason.

$2,000 if it's gold.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Exactly. I'm all for some hardnose football, especially at the DB position. But there was more then one point this season when I would have benched his a$s. Giving up 30 yards on one drive is unacceptable. That's 30% of a touchdown. He's gotta know when to cool down and not cost the team with his aggressive antics but still turn up the heat when he needs to. Then again, if thats simply not gonna happen, I'll be fine settling for the occasional 15 yard flag to keep his ball-hawking feisty a$s playing just how it is:thumb:

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

A bounty.

I'm paying $2,000 to charity for the unibrow.

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

nothing should...

10. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Not to take anything from A. Haynesworth , since I have loved his talent since his UT days, but if he played with the same attitude as Finnegan he would have multiple deaths to his credit.
    Get em C.!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar