Finnegan expects to play against Colts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I don't understand something; I thought the Titans DBs primarily played man coverage on the outside? If that's the case, why is it that Finnegan doesn't shift to mirror the opponents' top receivers? There have been grumblings that Harper has been getting burned by the league's best, but I don't quite see how it is that he's lined up out there on them to begin with. The dude's getting older, he can't keep on the league's elite...

Anyway, if Finny's back, I'm actually looking forward to seeing how he matches up with Reggie Wayne this match. He's our top boy, let's see how he does against someone of Wayne's caliber with a hammy problem... If he can take on that challenge, at least he's earned himself some bragging rights!

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I see where your coming from with most of this, but the piece I put in bold is a little off to me. But your right on about KVB and Harper LOL.

Do you have a personal thing going on with Jesse? In nearly every thread he says something you don't like you say; "shut up" or "go away" or "just stop". Ive noticed some of his post are indeed wild, but he doesn't hesitate to say things that need to be put out there. High-five to Jesse for having balls.

3. latiger12

latiger12 Camp Fodder

Manning would eat this up and Wayne would make us pay. The colts are super hot right now. We will have to play a great game to beat them.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't know about that. Jesse could be onto something there with sending 7 at Manning. Yes he would absolutely schet on us with the quick slant, but we would be in his head (something we need desperately). We play 5-10 yards off the receivers every down so we have the deep threat covered. Just get in Peyton's face and disrupt the pass forcing them to run for 1-2 yard gains. Were 0-4 doing the same garbage weekly so its worth a shot.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

When he makes a totally idiotic point, I will tell him to shut up because it is completely stupid.

6. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

Well with Finnegan in and Harper out I expect our pass D to improve tremendously.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Manning will pick on the rookie(s)

8. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

It's gonna take some serious pressure to keep our DB's from being toasty!

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Well I hope that cecil will do what he refused to do against the texans. Play cortland on reggie wayne the whole game no matter what. Make someone other than wayne beat you!

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Feels like Harper said, "Well, if Finny's gonna play, I'm'a play too!"

I think I'd almost rather they both sit out if this is the case. Harper's like the Sour Patch Kid candy in the commercial, except when he's doing something bad, he's not giving me a hug to make me feel better about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar