Finnegan...Top Slot CB in the league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I live in Chicago. Peanut isn't on Finny's level. Calvin Johnson and ALL of the Packers receivers beast on him annually.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

You guys are right Finnegan made our defense sooooooo beastly this year...please. Save the money, spend it on a defensive line. Watch Finnegan get over paid elsewhere...

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CF will be overpaid here, even if its a franchise tag. He will be a TItan in 2012.

He seems too understand what Gray is wanting and would be worth another long term contract IMO

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Remember the Saints performance? The best passing offense in the league?

We need to work on making that unit better, not tearing it apart and rebuilding.

Griffin and Babs are the areas where we need to see if we can improve. Not our CB's.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yep, I get all the Bears game where I live. He's not even close to Finnys level.

You replace Peanut w/ Finny in the Bears D. Finny would be soooo much better with a PASSRUSH and good LBs.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Griffin if the price was right and same goes for Babs since we'll need a good back up. Hopefully we can find a new starter in the draft (Barron). Finny is a top 10 CB though and we have a nice combo on the other side with McCourty and Verner.

7. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i'd rather have harrison smith over barron...imo...we could offer finny something like 5 year 42 mill which is just over 8 mil a year...and sign mario to a 4 or 5 year deal with something like 15 or 16 million if possible...our wr dont need much other than a draft pick betweens the rounds 3-4 and our team is instantly better...

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

wait...what? You would rather have Harrison Smith over Mark Barron?

Finnegan will be back and I like that deal but we're not getting Mario Williams. I don't know who started that talk but there is no chance he comes here or we even offer close to what he's expecting. Sure a 3rd or 4th round pick would solidify depth but I would like that and a FA signing that could immediately help because once Britt goes down our WR group isn't that good. It's hard to imagine Nate playing like that again and D-Will still has work to do plus you never know what you're going to get from Cook.

Back to the safety talk, really Harrison Smith? The same guy that was killed by USC and Michigan? I actually watched a few ND games this year and he's a hot and cold player, hardly ever did he make any plays that jumped out to me and said wow that's an NFL starter. I'll take Barron, Rambo, Lester, Martin, Guy Jr, and Taylor over Harrison Smith.

Mark Barron is a hard hitting safety who is also always around the ball. He comes up with big plays and is a smart and instinctive player. He also play's in Saban's system that makes most of his DB's NFL ready from the start. Barron would be an immediate starter and would be an upgrade over Babs. All we'd need to do is sign Griffin to hopefully a cheap deal and there we go.

I know I sounded a little bit like a homer there but that's what I believe. If we didn't go Barron in the 1st then I would like one of those other guys I mentioned between round 2-3. I'm one of the few people on here that believes we need to draft a Safety in the 1st round because I look at the free agency class and besides Landry I don't see an upgrade. I haven't checked the list in a while but that was my last impression.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i agree with all of your points and although i think martin and barron are better but i dont think safety is our number one need and being realistic i doubt the FO goes ss in the first and no chance he falls to us in the second...much like martin....i dont think our FO will look to pick up a safety until at least round 4 and then he will set the bench just like johnson does....

barron would be an upgrade but unless our FO has changed i dont think they will go after a ss in the first...

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm fine with putting Joe Haden over Finnegan. Tillman is good at stripping the ball, but really isn't that great of a cover guy. There are probably 15 or so guys that could make a legitimate claim to "top ten" status. Finnegan is in that category, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar