Finnegan...Top Slot CB in the league

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Hayden is way better than Finny. He has shut wr down all year. Why pay a cb period if we are going to play zone coverage 75 percent or more of the time? Cort did not play very well last year and gray has been good for him. He is top 15, but not top 10.He tackles well and plays hard but he is not a shut down corner and I think the stats show it. Hope we resign him but not for a ton of money.

2. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

What? most corners don't start getting better once the get past 30

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

you guys are homers like some sh** if you think Finnegan is better than Hayden or Tillman

4. TheSureThing

Finnegan doesn't even shut down the opposing #1 ever.

Andre Johnson toasts him annually, Reggie Wayne annaully.

AJ Green, Marques Colston, Mike Wallace, Roddy White all TOASTED him...

He's not that important if we're burnt toast in the secondary anyways...You build the defense from the D-Line up. Corners are overrated in this league unless you have a Champ/Aso/Revis. And Finny is not in that class.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I actually don't remember one time where Finny truly got burned this year... at least not for a TD.

Mike Wallace most certainly did not burn him. The only thing Wallace did that whole game was that 40 yard TD reception at the end and that was Griffin and McCourty getting burned. AJ Green didn't burn Finny either. In fact, everyone you mentioned had their big plays with McCourty defending.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TheSureThing

I'm not talking about one paticular play or player. All those receivers had 80+ yards and 1+ TD on us. They went off on our defense.

And if Finny isn't guarding the #1 then he's not worth what he's going to get paid elsewhere..

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

TheSureThing=a less informed jesse.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

We don't play our best CB on teams best WR's, haven't done that since Rolle and Dyson were around. We play zone since our guys tackle so well, leaving guys open all over, but we usually flock to the ball and make a play, so it works for us.

9. JCBRAVE

See. You don't even know WTF you're claiming to know.

10. JCBRAVE

Since what you're saying is true, I'm gonna have to jump in a defend my guy J-Mac. ANY play J-Mac gets "beat" on, he was 10-yards off the LoS playing zone, he rarely gets beat in man. All his deflections came in man, but he thumps guys so they play him back some.

I only recall J-Mac getting beat 2 times this year, thats good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar