Finnegan...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Saw it on Rotoworld...from Football Outsiders....very impressive, as I didn't realize he was that good this year...gonna be a big loss unless we get Samuel or a very early rd pick at CB

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ehh, we'll see. I like McCourty much more anyways. And Verner is very good also. But you are only as strong as your weakest link so we'll need Griffin and our nickle to step up.

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Don't get me wrong I was a big fan of Cortland's but now that he's gone I say F*** him! Let's see how good he does with Fisher in the NFC. We'll see he wasn't worth all the money STL gave him.

5. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Of course Finnegan will have one of the lowest yards against average. He was the slot cornerback so nearly all the passes he defended were short passes. McCourty was our best cornerback last season and Alterraun Verner was pretty close to Finnegan.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wish I could find some of this McCourty Koolaid everyone has been drinking...

Best CB last year? Do what?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

McCourty only gave up one touchdown all year and he was usually matched up against the top guy.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Pretty much any time a big pass was completed he was hanging on someone's legs or OOP.

He's not that great.

And definitely is no Finnegan. This recent hype behind the guy amazes me.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its hard to actually critique our corners. Seeing who was to blame for blown coverage, how long the corners actually had to cover guys due to a long play from no pass rush or stats being skewed from tight ends who lit us up.

10. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

So you just ignore the stat that he only gave up one touchdown all season? That is the most important statistic in terms of the cornerback position.

Also it's not surprising that he gave up a few big time receptions considering the poor play of our safeties, our non-existent pass rush and the fact he was covering the best receivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar