Finnegan...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I could have told you this.

I actually may have in a previous thread, can't remember, but yeah, it's not all about turnovers.. which is what everyone keeps ranting about.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Since we're yet again talking DB's, I just thought I should bring up the Saints game. You see 2 Titans giving up big gains, and neither of their names are Finnegan or McCourty. #JustSayin

[ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d824f1caa/Graham-just-shy-of-a-touchdown"]NFL Videos: Graham just shy of a touchdown[/ame]

3. JCBRAVE

And yet another awful display by our safeties

[ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82452bb1/GameDay-Titans-vs-Falcons-highlights"]NFL Videos: GameDay: Titans vs. Falcons highlights[/ame]

If we ever got any decent help over the top, our young corners would look even better.

A full offseason to master the defense should help immensely.

4. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Our safety play will get A LOT better if we can sort out our pass rush. Plus Griffin has the ability to play at a pro bowl level HE JUST NEEDS TO FREAKIN DO IT!!!

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Finny was our best CB last year, followed by ATV, then J-Mac - idn but thats how i saw it. I agree with DW, i don't see why everyone is that high on JMAC. I mean he is good don't get me wrong, but he can also get much better.

As for the article, I remember i saw it b4 this thread started, and yes, two Titan CBs made the top 10, Finny and ATV.

Ima look for the link....

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2011

J-mac was actually a top 10 CB in YAC allowed...for what its worth...

regarding the article, i found it by a simple google search: 'success rate best CBs Cortland Finnigan verner' and it was the very first link. i remember all those words to have been in the article at some point.

Very happy for ATV as he made the cut in his first year (as a starter). I have been pushing his name ever since he started to surface. Ive always been very impressed with his play - as i am with our other young CB Chris Hawkins.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's the most important stat for a CB? Since when? I'd say receptions allowed is the biggest stat for CBs.

What's odd is just a year ago it was assumed that ATV was quite a bit better than McCourty... now everyone is singing a different tune. Weird. He went from 3rd best on the squad to #1 overnight... by doing little.

I'm happy with his play, just dont see the probowler that everyone else is seeing lately.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I've never been as high on Verner as a lot of people. As a rookie, he'd absolutely get gashed and many on here would gush, "He made 10 tackles, he's a beast!!!!!1111oneone"

McCourty impressed me last season. He didn't give up big plays and he seemed to make a lot of clutch tackles, PD's, etc.

I think anyone that thinks the team won't miss a beat without Finnegan is nuts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Nope at the end of the day touchdowns allowed is the most important stat because that's what wins and loses you games.

10. JCBRAVE

Like stated 100 times, when you have a name like Cortland Finnegan on the other side, you're going to get picked on. J-Mac handled that as well as anyone could ever dreamed of. He's already a top CB in my eyes.

Remember, Verner mostly had Finnegan next to him. QB's will always take on the CB on the other side instead of throwing into traffic with a Pro Bowl CB.

It's safe to say Jason McCourty is the most underrated man in the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar