Finny, Are You High? WTF?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm going to play some freecell and then decide how dumb Cortland really is.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Finny was giving props more to Locker than he was downing Hasselbeck and yes, the comments were made before Hasselbeck was signed. Fans on message boards were saying similar things with some questioning if Hasselbeck was the right choice and I'm sure most of them, including myself are now big Hasselbeck fans. Same with Finny I'm guessing.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I dunno, Finny has played against the guy. I agree that receivers have a good feel for the opposing QB but the DB's do as well.

But I don't think we've got anything to worry about. Kenny had a career day with Collins throwing him the ball. All Hasselbeck needs to do is throw it up and let KB do work!

4. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I agree with every word Finny said. Personally I have never been too excited over the MH signing in regards to the "LET'S WIN RIGHT NOW" mindset. I guess I'm going to against the grain here because I'm not sold on the fact that a MH lead Titans team can win right now. What proof does anyone have? Anyone who can say he's definitely going to be successful in our system with conviction is just projecting. Thus making your statement an opinion and not a fact.

Before and after his signing to our franchise, I always questioned his arm strength but respect his game outside of that. Therefore, I see nothing wrong with Finny's comments.

Now before everyone burn me to a cross, please keep in mind that the NFL just had the longest lockout in it's history. A lockout that cost all NFL teams their offseasons which they use to install new schemes. The Titans have new coordinators on both sides of the ball who may have to run the same scheme or a scheme similar to what they inherited as a result. Thus having a QB with average arm strength may possibly prove to be problematic in our AMAZINGLY LACKLUSTER vertical system.

With that being said there is no guarantee that MH is going to successful in the Titans scheme. In fact there are no guarantees in football period. I think in Matt's case we know that his production has fallen over the last couple of seasons. We also know reasons why that has happened. We can make up excuses for why he hasn't been able to stay on the field, or why his numbers have slipped a bit, but at the end it doesn't matter. The most successful NFL players are productive in spite of their woes.

Now am I completely ran down about the signing? Absolutely not! If you read my post carefully I was referring to MH in regards to the "LET'S WIN RIGHT NOW" mentality. What I love about the signing is that he is a high character guy who can teach our rookie QB (who I am extremely excited about) how to be a pro! Jake has an abundance of talent and I think he could be a great QB for us if he works on his mechanics and becomes a true student of the game. In this regards I think MH is a great pick up. As mentioned by another poster on the site, I think MH value to the Titans will most be seen and appreciated off the playing field instead of one it.

With all that being said, it's clear that any chance Jack Locker had of starting went out the window when the NFL vs NFLPA round 1 debuted. So as a Titans fan what do I now? Bash MH? Or course not!

It's simple I put my faith in the team and pray that a MH lead Titans team can go out and be competitive and win.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Having Hasselbeck wins us another 3-4 games the rookie just wouldn't have been ready for. If Locker came out vs Jacksonville week-1, Baltimore week-2, and Pittsburgh week-5, we probably only start out 2-3 heading into our bye week. Now with a veteran QB who beat New Orleans in the playoffs, and nearly brought his team back down 25 points in the 4th quarter vs Chicago, we stand a chance of starting this year much like we did last year with a nice 5-2.

6. TheWarriorTitan

TheWarriorTitan Camp Fodder

5-2? Yeah...Houston, Indy, Baltimore, @ Pitt, @ Jax...good luck on us winning 3 of those 5. I'll give you Denver and @ Cleveland...I'll say we are 3-4 through 7.

We have an unproven coaching staff, an older, somewhat injury prone QB of late, issues on D, issues on offense...dream on.

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I agree with Finny 100% MH is a Pu$$^ who needs to retired all he is gonna do is hurt us more Bad move by Titans.

8. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Whew... that's being awfully optimistic. Coming off a lockout with a new coaching staff and a new QB... I'm not getting my hopes up this season.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Oh jeeze, Costarica is baaack.

10. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Couldn't agree with you more. We all know Hasselbeck wasn't brought in to be our long term Savior but he will bring experience in the position and we really need that now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar