Finny on his Potential Departure...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

For anyone who was lucky enough to miss it

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XksMjzbMVAI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Cj2k on them hoes... Fellas

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'm a firm believer in defensive line > everything

A good defensive line will make your secondary look good, no matter who's back there.

Instead of pumping money into Cortland who will probably be overpaid by someone else, we should go after a stud DT and DE.

4. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Normally I would agree with you 100%, on paper you are exactly right, but his leadership would be so sorely missed. I know leadership is overrated in pro sports, but there have been a couple of times this season when the defense clearly just quit, but he kept playing as hard as always. McCarthy will fill the leadership void eventually, but not yet, we need Finny.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep. We saw how much this team missed the leadership of Mawae (who WAS the QB of that offense- make no mistake) and Bulluck (QB of defense and king of locker-room).

6. amy

amy Starter

If it comes down to wanting to be here vs. getting an obscene amt. of money elsewhere, guess where he will WANT to be. Few people stay where they are if they can get twice the pay somewhere else, no matter where that else is.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I think a 4 year deal worth 26 mil in base salary is sufficient to keep him here. Add in bonuses and incentives... I think he would accept that.

A few different ways to structure that would be equal years, a little under 7 a year. Or a growing based 5/6/7/8 contract... Even if this was closer to 30 base, I think his presence is required here.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

exactly, unless we're going to open up the piggy banks for Finnegan like we did for CJ. He's not staying.

And since it was like pulling teeth to get CJ's contract done, no chance in hell Finnegan gets done by this front office.

he'll walk and its probably best considering how much money he'll be offered elsewhere.

9. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

For the most part you are right, but Cortland truly is an exceptional case. We drafted him out of complete obscurity and anonymity. Samford? Chile please. He clearly loves the city of Nashville, just look at his off the field work he's done for this town. Have you seen his mancave? It is like a model of LP Field lights and all. The lights on the walls are Titans helmets. Any man with half a brain also knows to listen to his wife. She enjoys a certain celebrity status around here, you think she'd get that same attention in Miami? You ever been to Miami? I'm not saying he will stay for sure, but if there every was an exceptional case to your point, Cortland is it.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree with having a great defensive line, but I would rather spend money on a proven player and leader on our team.

So should we draft one? Why should that matter because the rookie cap is already set, on top of not knowing if he will even pan out.

Then we should sign one, right? Well according to this....
    http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=DL&y=2012

The only one that really stands out is Mathis. Who will probably get more than anyone here wants to even think about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar