Fins give Tannehill 96M...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

What the h*ll is going on in today's NFL... What an absolutely ridiculous contract.... These types of deals really ruin it for the rest of us...

I'm not saying don't pay NFL players, they deserve it more than other leagues for sure. Football is so much more physical and dangerous, but c'mon, that dude just hasn't showed enough to be worth that.... Pay players that actually deserve it...

And yeah, Luck's contract is actually going to be outrageous... As will Wilson's....

Andrew Luck to own Indianapolis Colts if Ryan Tannehill got $96M from Miami Dolphins, Pat McAfee tweets

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Terrible...until dude can throw a deep ball, he is not worth that flow...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Who else would they pay if not Tannehill? Fans responded the same exact way when Kaepernick and Dalton were extended. Fact of the matter is theres only a few guys worth keeping and Tannehill is one of them. The guy has literally improved every season, he's the type of QB you want to pay. He's young, just threw for 4000-yards, isn't a knuckle head, Im cool with his deal.. Dolphins got this one right.

#3 JCBRAVE, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think it's a bit rich myself, but at least Tannehill has given the Dolphins stability at the QB position. They hadn't had that since Marino.

From the Dolphins perspective, I actually think it was smart of them to get it in place now and not have to compete with the contracts of Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson. Obviously Tannehill isn't nearly the player those two are and wouldn't get paid as much, but he could have used it as a negotiating chip. "Luck got $25 million? I want $22."

5. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

That's just they way the NFL is now. You don't pay the top rookie QB $50M before he has taken an NFL snap anymore ... but on the flipside, more guys are getting the big contracts than before.

Its good though. I can't wait for Luck to rape the Colts.

6. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'm going with JCB on this... It's not easy finding s QB (as all Titans fans should know) Average and above average QB's get paid because there aren't that many elite QBs out there. Hell, there aren't that many average to above average QBs. I think Tannehill is slightly above average and growing.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Yea dude is improving every year. That's all you can ask for in a young QB these days.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If there's one position to overspend on, it's QB.

Luck is well worth whatever amount they give him.. He is their sole hope for the future. They live and die by Luck, why not pay him like it?

I wouldn't be upset if it were the Titans he were price gouging for his services. Better than dropping decent money on turds like Kam Wimbley, McCluster, Locker, and other scrubs.

#8 nickmsmith, May 20, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Its pretty simple really ...

The Colts already have Luck for relatively cheap, which means they have more money to spend on other positions. i.e Luck + other players

Once they pay him, they will still have the same QB, but less money to spend on other postions. ie Luck - other players

Not saying they shouldn't pay him ... I am just saying that a Luck surrounded by less talent is better for the Titans than the current situation.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

well ya, entry level contracts are always better in today's NFL, but there comes the time that you have to pony up.

If they draft smart, they can have a great team around him on a shoestring budget.. It's financially and draft-stupid franchises like the titans who pay out good money for mediocre at best free agents.. and blow their draft picks on bad players.

But if you have a top 10 QB or so, you have to pay whatever it costs to keep him. but I see your point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar