Fire Fisher!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

You can make the argument that Vince is injury prone, but you can't say he hasn't been effective. You just can't.

@Mr Cambell

We've lost games we should've won easily...Broncos?!! Dolphins??!! No, you go back and watch game film. Where'd you play football at again??

Vince's weakness this year has been injury, not his play. But when he comes in at halftime and is movng around fine you've got to figure out why he wasn't playing earlier. Was it him, or the coach?

The coach is always gonna get the 1st stab at the media. I want to hear what Vince has to say before people jump all over him. there's always 2 sides to a story.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

How do you know VY wasn't reacting to Fisher telling him he wasn't the starter anymore??

1st Collins is the better option. Yea, effing right. Then Rusty Smith?? GTFOH!!

3. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

... and rainbow hued Unicorns are real too !

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I see them all the time; but then again I do take a steady doses of hallucinogens.

5. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Same here, I feel there has been a constant desire by Fish to undermine Vince for most of the season (ever since the Steelers game anyway), and as a result Vince's desire to go to battle for a head coach that clearly doesn't believe in him is hard not to understand. What is hard to understand though is the fact that he clearly doesn't care that he lead his team despite Fishers antics. I will say this, unless that finger was fractured or broken, there was NO reason to come out of that game and give Fisher the excuse he constantly seems to be seeking to question and doubt Vince and support his position to have a journeyman loser like Collins start !

Bottom line is that Vince can't seem to man up and be a leader with his play and his actions. Really sad day for the Titan franchise... It's almost starting to smell like Minnesota around here...

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Playoffs, or blow this whole damn thing up.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

How do you know Fisher didn't keep Young out of the game??

8. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

I don't and it appears he may well have done that, that is exactly my point. I felt all along that last week Fisher made the call to NOT start Vince despite the fact that VY was probably physically capable of doing so, as we saw in the end he was. I also believe VY's attitude and or lack of desire to prove to Fish he wanted on the field last week gave Fisher the excuse he needed to insert a clearly injured Collins into the starting roll.

Both of these individual's actions today simply reinforced the scenario I proposed in several posts earlier this week following the debacle in Miami. Fisher is looking for any excuse/reason to sit Vince and Vince hasn't gone out of his way to show Fisher he wants to be the man. Then today Vince goes out bruises his thumb and gives the impression he can't go initially and that was all Fish needed.

My guess is that Fisher's statement that Vince didn't come to him and make it known he wanted back in the game, may well be on the surface true, but if Vince really did want to get back out there my guess is he certainly made it known to others who could/would approach Fish with this info. If Fisher actually felt that his accuracy was an issue then he must have communicated either directly or indirectly with VY and if that's the case then Fisher is in effect playing spin doctor with that statement that VY didn't make it known to him he wanted back in. I call total BS on that, and hence why I feel both of them need to be called on the carpet and we need to cut ties with both of them ultimately by the end of this season.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

All playoff hopes are essentially done at this point. Does anyone really believe we are about to beat Indy x2, Houston x2, Jacksonville, and Kansas City?

Fish is gone after this season. I truly believe that.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Fish should've been gone after last season.

Remember when he benched Vince last season??

How quickly people forgive Fish and throw Vince under the bus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar