Fire Mike "The Reach" Reinfeldt

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2. mellowyellow

mellowyellow Camp Fodder

our draft sucked we need to fire "the reach" Reinfeldt

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I've heard a lot of people say they thought we could have gotten CJ in the 2nd, but the way it went I really don't think we would have... RBs were the hot position coming into the draft, and the run had already started. Most mocks I saw had CJ in the top 5 of the position and his combine time created enough buzz that one of the teams behind us in the 1st would have grabbed him. SD picked up a RB in the 3rd, the Texans picked one up in the 3rd... and then the top of the 2nd round was full of teams trying to rebuild - not sure if there would have been many takers to give up picks in order to move from the top of the 2nd into the bottom of the 1st.

Maybe we could have, but it would have been risky... Fisher said they had planned to try to trade out of the 1st unless one of the top 4 RBs on their list was still on the board. CJ was and so they decided to stay. In any case - he wasn't a reach... lots of mocks had him late 1st to late 2nd. Hayes was the only reach as far as a player we probably could have gotten later.

5. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

terrible absoltuley terrible picks

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Mike Reinfeldt is an idiot. Of course there are those that are using the whole "he's only been here 2 years" excuse, but in time, you'll see. He's going to expose himself, he makes bad decisions. I knew from the get-go that he wasn't fit to take on the job

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

8. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

^i agree

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Has anyone actually stepped back for a second and though about how many WR we drafter last season? Allot of people of this board hype our OCs ability to take mid level WRs and make them perform about there expected talent level. Maybe just maybe Hummer in all of the free time he had without Young there took that opportunity to look at our WR core and was happy with what he saw. Maybe he took a look at Henry and thought the pick was BS and we needed that support speed back for L-Dub especially with Brown leaving the team. We are a run heavy team. We need to be able to maintain the same level of run game until Young can step up and prove himself.

yeah some of the picks look like a reach but you also have to remember this guy as a Gm got the right personel in to make a Super Bowl and until Alexander hurt his foot were expected to return to the Super Bowl. Persnoally I will reserve my judgement until the players have actually played on the field before I call them a poor pick.

10. wg53

wg53 Starter

Maybe you should try learning about football instead of telling others to stick to watching nascar.

Our draft was solid. Most of you numbskulls are complaining that we didn't draft a WR in the first round. NO WR WENT IN THE FIRST ROUND. NO ONE THOUGHT THEY WERE WORTHY OF A FIRST ROUND PICK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar