First 4 Weeks- Season Barometer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Last year at week 4, someone at ESPN did an article about the first four weeks of the season, and looking at our schedule for this season, I really think our results from those four weeks will tell us a lot about what's in store. We've got a hard schedule this year, and if we want success, we need to be able to win games that we're in.

I expect/hope we win at least two games in the first four. If we do, I think we've got a good shot at breaking even. If we come out strong and win three, which I think is at least possible, I think we could get enough momentum going to get nine wins. The problem is that right after this we have indy, at DC, then the bye to cool us off if we happen to come out hot. If we only win one game in the first four, it's going to be a long season, like the last two. We have to step up early and show that we can be competitive if we want to have any chance at improvement.

Any expectations/predictions/responses?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree its gonna be a long season

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the season opener is key. We'll know a lot about our run defense by the end of the second game. Game three is going to be tough but winning at home against Dallas is possible.

I'm thinking 2-4 going into the bye.

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

im sticking to my 9-7....

5. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

These first 4 are very important and here is how its shakes out.

Week 1 vs Jets - We just win this game its the opener and at home.

Week 2 @ Chargers - They opened at the Raiders on Monday night. Coming off a short week they take us for granted and are looking forward to next weeks bye. We come back home with a win.

Week 3 @ Dolphins - They are coming off a cake walk win at home against Buffalo, they don't look past us because Houston is coming. We lose a close one on the road.

Week 4 vs Dallas - Coming off a bye Dallas can't shake off the rust. They have Philadelphia coming the next week and we go up early and finally learn how to win.

3-1

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

u heard it hear first. the tennessee titans will be 4-0 after the first 4 games of the season. just wait. for some reason i have a good feeling about this year..

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I've got that same feeling.

[​IMG]

8. Bennett83

Bennett83 Guest

Have we ever won on the West Coast? I don't see us beating the Chargers. I think it is more likely that we beat teh Dolphins. Not that it is going to happen but more likely. I see Dallas not fun though coming off their bye week.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Dehr Schwartz is with us

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Everything is resting on an unproven QB. A QB being used as a 'plug' until our new QB is ready. We can't expect much from the offense.
    Remember last years announcement that our #1 receiver was Bennett. We knew deep down that we were in deep do-do. Even with McNair as the QB!
    Rumors that Young will be installed inside the Redzone are promising, IF it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar