First Preds game last Saturday, first NHL game.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by nickmsmith, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I have been a hockey hater most of my life, but was down in Nashville this weekend, and got some 50 buck face value tickets for 30 each.

I have to say, I am surprised by how much fun I had, even though they lost by one.

Great energy by both teams' fans, and the game was FUN TO WATCH.

I assumed hockey was slow and boring because of the low scoring, but not the case.

I remember seeing the numbers on football games on how little of the game time is actually spent with the ball in play.... very little of it.

The game was fun from beginning to end, and yes, there were two intermissions, but I'd rather have that than the NUMEROUS TV time outs during every Football game that last forever.

The in-game entertainment was better than the Titans. The little cutscenes were funny, and not trite like LP Field's. They had a band play during the intermissions, which I found to be very entertaining. Overall, just a fun atmosphere.

I don't know if I blame it on the NFL, or on the people that run Titans game day, but I had more fun at a game of a sport that I'm supposed to hate than a game that I love.

The past few Titans games I've been to, the Tailgating with GoTitaners was more fun and more memorable for me, than the game was.

Color me surprised, but I liked hockey, and had more fun at that game than I've had since 2008 as a Titans fan.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Hockey is awesome live.

I know a lot of Titans fans that say they have more fun at Predators games. Imo, it's because of the fast basically non-stop action and the better entertainment between periods. What kills me at TItans games are the TV timeouts especially after touchdown then right after kickoff. That's get and get beer time for me.

I go to about 10-12 preds games a year and I love it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nickmsmith

I'm sure the Titans generate a LOT more profit than the Preds do. Why don't they give a little bit back to the fans, and make it a little more fun for the fans in attendance?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Preds have been doing it better for a long time. You got a ton of energy in Saturday's game. You could feel it through the TV. The Titans don't do any part of the game day experience as well, IMO.

Having said that, when the Preds suck or have a particularly bad game, all that entertainment isn't much more than putting perfume on a pig.

As for the Titans "giving back", they are adding a ton of stuff which should improve the game day experience as long as the product on the field is quality.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Preds suck..Go Blackhawks :brow:

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The jumbotron videos are great at Preds games.

I've only had the chance to go to one game this season, but I'll probably go to a couple playoff games, if not all of them like I did last year.

Since last year, I've gotten a lot more into hockey. I still can't watch an entire game on TV, but as soon as the NFL season ends, my attention switches to the Preds - as of last year.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Everything Alex said. I have a buddy who works at the Arena and can get me free tickets. Any sexy ladies want to go to a Preds game with me?

8. nickmsmith

I do! I do!

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Hockey is probably my second favorite sport but sadly I do not know a thing about it. Anyone care to link me to a source that lets me know the positions/rules/ and general advice?

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Other than offsides and icing, I don't know any of the rules, but I still enjoy it. I'll learn as I watch more and more games.

The Preds have a serious shot at the Stanley Cup this year IMO. At the very least, they could make it one round further than last year to the Western Conference Finals.

102 points is pretty damn good. They eliminated Dallas from the playoffs tonight. Poor Dallas... They were in 3rd place ahead of the Preds just a week or so ago. Now they're out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar