First Quarter MVPs/Busts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 4, 2011.

?
  1. Offensive MVP - Matt Hasselbeck

63 vote(s)
    96.9%
  2. Offensive MVP - Kenny Britt

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. Offensive MVP - Nate Washington

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Offensive Bust - Chris Johnson

37 vote(s)
    56.9%
  5. Offensive Bust - Eugene Amano

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  6. Defensive MVP - Cortland Finnegan

39 vote(s)
    60.0%
  7. Defensive MVP - Karl Klug

17 vote(s)
    26.2%
  8. Defensive MVP - Jason McCourty

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  9. Defensive Bust - Chris Hope

22 vote(s)
    33.8%
  10. Defensive Bust - Gerald McRath

22 vote(s)
    33.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

With the first quarter of the season in the books, I thought it would be fun to discuss the MVPs and Busts.

OFFENSIVE MVP
    Matt Hasselbeck

Few of us would have thought Hasselbeck would be able to step in and put up the numbers he has when he was signed in July. After four games he's 88/132 with a 66.7 completion percentage for 1,152 yards, 8 TDs and 3 INTs. His current passer rating is 104.7.

More importantly than his stats is that he has raised the level of play for every Titans receiver and is spreading the ball around well. If he can continue at this level of play, the Titans should stay in the playoff hunt.

OFFENSIVE BUST
    Chris Johnson

Who would have believed the Titans could be 3-1 with CJ averaging under 50 yards rushing per game? His current average per carry is 2.9 and he has a big goose egg for TDs. It is encouraging he seems more effective last Sunday but a true gauge of where he,and the Titans OL are in the run game will be known Sunday in Pittsburgh.

DEFENSIVE MVP
    Cortland Finnegan

He doesn't lead the surprising Titans defense in tackles or interceptions but Gray has found a way in maximizing Finn in disrupting opposing offenses and be in position to make plays. Currently, he is credited with 20 tackles and 4 passes defensed.

DEFENSIVE BUST
    Chris Hope

Hampered by injuries, Hope has only 10 tackles on the season and no passes defensed. He'll be out 4-6 weeks with a broken forearm which means Babineaux, who has 15 tackles, 1 pass defensed and an INT returned for a 97-yard TD on Sunday, even more opportunity to take his job for the rest of the season.

Thoughts?

• High Five High Five x 9
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Good post.

I'd look to Derrick Morgan or Jason Jones for D-MVP too. Completely different team since their return.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

good post,

MVP, Matt
    Bust, CJ
    MVP D, Finegan
    Bust, Hope

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

is hope really a bust? there wasn't a lot expected of him to begin with...

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. amy

amy Starter

I think that the team as a whole deserves an MVP! Not that many thought the team was this good. I did, of course, but nobody would listen. ;p}

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

How about Griffin for Bust? supposedly being our best Defensive player, hasn't made ANY impact plays.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm with Titaneers. I think most of us expected Hope to be the biggest liability this season as far as defensive starters go. So I'm not sure I'd consider him to be a "bust".

Off MVP- Hasselbeck
    Off Bust- CJ
    Def MVP- Finnegan
    Def Bust- I honestly can't think of anyone that fits this category. All the guys I expected to play well have. And the ones I expected to be bad-medicore have been (Hope, McRath). Then there are the guys I didn't expect a whole lot out of who have made a huge impact (Klug, Babineaux, etc).

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Here's my vote:

OMVP - Hass
    OBUST - CJ
    DMVP - Finny
    DBUST - McRath

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ohhh reeeally? I thought you thought Derrick Morgan would always be sidelined by injuries.....

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You're lying. Griffin made a huge stop on 4th & 1 last week.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar