First Quarter MVPs/Busts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 4, 2011.

?
  1. Offensive MVP - Matt Hasselbeck

63 vote(s)
    96.9%
  2. Offensive MVP - Kenny Britt

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. Offensive MVP - Nate Washington

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Offensive Bust - Chris Johnson

37 vote(s)
    56.9%
  5. Offensive Bust - Eugene Amano

16 vote(s)
    24.6%
  6. Defensive MVP - Cortland Finnegan

39 vote(s)
    60.0%
  7. Defensive MVP - Karl Klug

17 vote(s)
    26.2%
  8. Defensive MVP - Jason McCourty

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  9. Defensive Bust - Chris Hope

22 vote(s)
    33.8%
  10. Defensive Bust - Gerald McRath

22 vote(s)
    33.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Off MVP-Matt Hasselbeck

Def MVP- I picked Klug and Finnegan

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Hass is the offensive MVP for sure. Of course Britt deserves a mention, sucks about the season ending injury. CJ is obviously the bust throughout four weeks but I expect him to get it going shortly. Like mentioned, it's difficult to pick a defensive MVP and bust. Finnegan, Jones & Mccourty stand out. Hope & McRath have disappointed but we expected that (and McRath isn't a starter anyways).

Love this unit!

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

O MVP-CJ
    Other teams are scared of him for some reason which is helping the passing game with lots of 8 in the box.
    o Bust-Jake Scott
    The 3 guys inside are not playing their best but I'm sure they will pick up as the season goes on.
    D MVP-Gray.
    The new system is just great 100 times better then Fisher's D.
    D-Bust I don't see one to tell you the true gerald doesn't even plays much everyone is doing their part.

The biggest BUSTTTT is not on D or offense MARC MARIANI is going from probowl to flipping burgers at burger king next year get that loser out of here.

4. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

costa, you are an idio... uh, a really clueless person.

Hass (I like Hasselisback) is the first qtr offensive MVP for sure. Imagine KFC still here and tell me any different.

CJ like it or not is the offensive bust for sure. I hope he gets it going soon because we will need him for second half of the season and quite potentially the playoffs.

5. munie

munie Starter

Offensive MVP
    Matt Hasselbeck - Never would I have thought he'd be playing this well. Its been a while since the passing game has been this explosive and he seems to really make our WR core a lot better.

Offensive Bust
    Eugene Amano - When are the coaching going to realize that Amano just doesn't have it. His matador technique in the run game is getting CJ and Ringer killed in the backfield. They need to put Harris at C and start Velasco because in limited duty, Velasco has outplayed Amano.

Defensive MVP
    Mike Reinfieldt
    Mike has done an excellent job acquire these pieces and taking advantage of the draft. On the Dline, Morgan has 2 sacks in 3 games, Klug and Casey have been making plays in interior, Ayers has been solid, and in the secondary you have ATV and McCourty who have played lights out!!. Most of these guys are rookies and 2nd year players that have contributed greatly for the Titans being #1 in points allowed. Then Reinfieldt goes and get Babineaux for dirt cheap and hes making plays and Rudd who has been solid. Defense is only going to get better with experience but they are already very good. Its scary what this defense is capable of.

Defensive Bust
    McRath - Basically useless w/o the performance enhancers.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Shaun Smith fills space so other guys can make plays. Personnel-wise, the Smith/Casey duo might be the 2nd biggest improvement behind QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

OMVP = Hassellbeck
    You guys have been saying that you didn't really know what to expect with Hass coming in to Nashville but if you go back to their superbowl year, Hass had one hell of an offensive lineman named Steve Hutchinson, he kept Hass clean on that side of the line. You give Matt Hassellbeck enough protection and he WILL make plays.

OBust = CJ
    We need to see some plays drawn up that utilize CJ's strengths when it's not predictable, and it's obvious that teams know when to play the run with him. We also need to see Jamie Harper getting some snaps. 3rd down?

DMVP = The defense as a whole
    I can't say any of the defensive players are a bust as of yet. We already know Hope is pretty much done but like others said, there wasn't much expected of him anyways so I am not going to say he is the DBust. He is no doubt a good mentor to the rookies and younger players so I wan't to give him some kind of credit. Players will listen and lookup to a guy with a Ring.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have to give McRath the bust of D. We needed him to step up this season and become a playmaker. Thankfully Ayers has been playing ok and Witherspoon has continued to be consistent.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Agree with OP with everything except Hope being the defensive bust. Doesn't there have to be some expectations you don't live up to be a bust... actually Hope has played better than people expected this year lol.

I think McRath is more deserving, a couple of years ago it looked like he was going to be a foundation to our LB core, and ever since then he's gone backwards.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

[​IMG]

Littering and......Littering and......

More injury prone and overall ineffectiveness after being busted for it. Ask Shawne Merriman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar