First Round pick for Turner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanBlitz, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Also offered a lot to Donte Stallworth, but he chose to go to NE for less money.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

ESPN showed Mayok's mock draft on last night, and had the Titans taking Meachem at #19. The more I ponder it, the more I believe we will take a WR early. The draft is heavy in defensive players, and we might end up with a decent DE in the next round.

As far as this Turner deal, I just don't get it. We spent a high #2 to get White, and he hasn't even had a chance to start and prove himself. Seems they are already writing him off if they are so anxious to get Turner. I felt with Hall back there, and Brown in relief, we would be OK at running back, and we could devote more to fixing the defense this year.

3. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

I'm okay either way. Would I like to have Turner? Heck yeah, I think he's the real deal. But, if we don't get him (which i seriously don't think we will), we MUST sign CB and use him and LW as RBBC. I think those two together will be a very dangerous pair. Then again, Turner and White makes an even more dangerous pair. Who knows what will happen, but I think when it comes down to it, MR will fold and Turner will be a packer.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

bigtitan, correct me if im wrong, but if the Bills TRADE there first rounder to san diego, for MT, then they wont be able to draft patrick willis or Alan branch...

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think this is what's actually going on. The Titans offerred a swap of firsts and a 4th. That didn't work so they offerred a swap of 1sts and a 3rd. That was probably fine until Green Bay offerred a 1st rounder for next year, which may have thrown off our deal. The problem is that GB hasn't reached an agreement with Turner, so this thing is still in the air. We may have even offerred a swap of 1sts and our second this year to try and get it done. We'll see how it comes out, but I could see that as a way it went down.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He isn't worth it for that much.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Teams are willing to draft an unproven RB with their first round pick. Turner is much more proven and can be had for (assuming the Packers) what they hope is a late first-round pick.

Also, don't discount that this "story" wasn't leaked to get a bit more out of the Titans (such as swapping first-round picks and a fourth-round pick conditional to a third if Turner breaks 1,000 yards).

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Turner is no more proven as a starter then a drafted back with a first round pick.

giving up a 1st (or swapping) and 2nd next year. Turner is not worth it.

9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Turner = Green Bay Packers

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He looked pretty proven last season against the Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar