Fisher almost lost us the Game. We won but i aint happy.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Should haven never went to OT. This game is over in the 3rd Q until Fishy got comfortable with the lead and stopped trying to put up more points. Instead he played Fisher Ball and relied on our struggling secondary. It all back fired. 90 yard TD drive plus a 2 point conversion by the Phins, Fisher could have called a timeout at the end and got the ball back maybe but wanted to take the OT chances which of course the Phins won the Coin Toss. Im tired of Fisher. sure we won, but on luck. uncalled for.

2. DaKid937

DaKid937 Camp Fodder

His time is up

3. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

I agree. No reason to be up 18 and then give it all away. Huge difference when Bulluck is out though, the middle of the field was open the whole 4th quarter.

I was impressed with Vince today, even after the shaky start. Those TD passes we beautiful.

The best part of our team today was our ST. Best game of the year for them.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dude's got to go. He's a lousy coach and depends on individual efforts to bail him out.

5. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Fisher plays to not lose, instead of playing to win.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"Oh no. What is going on? We have 24 points already? But they only have 9! Don't worry Bironas! I'll fix this!! Give me a couple quarters..." - Jeff Fisher

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

Fisher sucks! This game sealed the deal for me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Yea, Deuce Wayne's Sig sums up The Fisher Legacy.

9. Titanfan2009

Titanfan2009 Starter

Not wanting to argue, but what did Fisher do differently?

1. He called pass plays for Vince- Vince was off today (due to lack of practice time I suppose), and he threw a lot of checkdowns that came up a few yards short.

2. He gave Johnson the ball. If CJ had broken one of those 2-3 yard gains for 35-50 yards or more, is it still conservative play calling? Give credit to the Dolphins for making the stops. We'd all be doing nothing but celebrating if he'd broken a few of those (clearly we as fans and the coaching staff believes he can do it- he's got a pretty good track record).

3. Defense didn't seem to let up- it's possible that although the Titans jumped out to a big lead, the Dolphins were still a high quality team. Teams make plays throughout the game. They made plays in the second half. I believe it's the exception to the rule for teams to jump out to the lead and keep piling on.

I will ask this:

-Why have we completely abandoned any thought of the option after using it in like 2 games successful?
    -Harper? Nothing more to say there.
    -I was not happy that Fisher didn't use any timeouts at the end of regulation, though I understand his reasoning after hearing him.

You may not be happy right now, but after week 16, IF we're in the playoffs, we'll just look at this week and see "W".

10. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

LMAO they need to put you on the Jeff Fish show with that quote.

It's soooooooooooo true. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar