Fisher and Titans are completely lost without Vince Young.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iQon

iQon Starter

Not sure if this is true, but I'm hearing that Chris Johnson is wearing a "ask me why I miss Vince Young" button. :ha:

Seriously, a lot of you need to STFU already. Vince may suck to you, but he's by far our best QB. And I'm not seeing any Tom Brady or Peyton Manning caliber QB's out there for the taking any time soon, so...

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Fisher said Young never came up to him and asked to go back in and Young never said he asked Fisher to go back in. Stop being a blind homer.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Being the least smelly bowl of poo out of the bunch is nothing to be proud of.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

How long should Bud give Fisher to right the ship with his boy, Collins? It's been 5 years already.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Can you tell me what part of vince young's game were you not impressed about? He was in the top 5 in passer rating, when many of you guys said he would never be in the top 20 in his entire career. We were 5-2 until he got injured in the 4th qtr of the chargers game which I think with him in we still had a chance to win the way the offense was clicking that day. He re-injured an ankle in that game which is not being soft, if you have ever had a high ankle sprain you know how easy it is to re-injure it if you come back just a little too early. I also think it's pretty clear that he is a leader, it seems to me his teammates are on his side not Jeff Fisher's. Yea it sucks that our coach and qb can't get along but unfortunately that's what happened and now it's time for Fish to go and give Vince a year without him to see if he can lead this team deep in the playoffs.

6. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

What you are wanting are some pretty drastic changes. Do you want to be the Cardinals for the next 5 years? Cause that's what you're looking at by changing coaches and hoping for a good QB in the draft. Good QBs don't just magically happen. Good coaches don't just turn up. With Young (and Fisher if he and Young can work together), this team has a great shot at the playoffs next season, without, you are looking at 2-3 years of rebuilding IF we manage to find a good QB and good HC.

I think this whole "we need to start from scratch" mindset is asinine when this team is so close to being playoff caliber.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let's see.......the part where you don't ask out of close game....the part where you miss meetings.....the part where you take a swipe at a team mate.....the multiple injuries....the part where you have Nashville police searching for you on suicide watch....the part you get caught on film shirtless chugging vodka during your return to college to "better yourself" instead of spending time with the new OC.....the part where you taunt your home fans.....the part where you tell your coach your quitting (again) just before you cuss at him in front of the team and storm out of a post-game....

And especially the divisiveness he brings to the coaching staff and the fans. There is a reason that so many people dislike him and almost everybody (including coaches) like a guy like Ahmard Hall. It's called leading by example.

Vince has character flaws that will never allow him to be the franchise QB despite his athletic gifts. We have seen the best his mind has to offer- it won't get any better. His physical gifts will have faded by the time he finally matures enough to be a reliable franchise QB.

5 years is long enough to wait for potential to become reality.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It's bizarre to me that so many people here have the back of an arrogant diva who has led the team to ZERO wins of any real substance. Is Marty Meltdown really what you want long-term?

9. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

Giants & Cowboys this year come to mind. They were "big" games at the time.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar