Fisher and Titans are completely lost without Vince Young.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I love how you keep saying he hasn't guided us to a playoff victory. Let's go through his career.

1st year: We are coming off a 4-12 year where we didn't make a ton of changes. He comes in after a terrible 0-3 start and leads us to 8-8 as a rookie. He wins rookie of the year, I would not say that year was his fault for not getting a playoff victory.

2nd year: We go 10-6 and make it to the playoffs for the first time in a few years and we lose to a good chargers team. You don't expect many 2nd year qb's to lead you deep in the playoffs.

3rd year: He goes down in the 1st game and kerry starts the rest of the year. Can't blame vince there.

4th year: We start out 0-6 before we turn to him and he leads us back to 8-8. And saves fisher's job for the 2nd time.

He has had one full season as a qb and you're saying he should be winning playoff games. What season do you think he should have done this in?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This is the first time I said that but re-read the post. The intent is not to discuss Vince the player but rather as the franchise QB (asset) in regards to our present situation.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought I heard violins in the background while reading that. Maybe Fisher needs to quit talking to reporters and figure out a way to stop a TE.

I'm already over Young.

:grrr:

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. The Toddster

The Toddster New Guy from Lurkerville

If there's a mutiny, we have to accept one of the following:

1) Fisher has managed to piss off the whole team

2) Vince Young is such a persuasive person and has such strong leadership qualities that he can turn a whole team against a popular players' coach

If it's option 1, that's not Young's fault. If it's option 2, then Young has been highly underrated as a leader.

Take your pick.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

[​IMG]

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'm a bit tired of speculating about what happened during/after the Skins game. We've heard pieced-together reports from people who couldn't possibly have an incentive to tell the whole truth, and who were specifically told to keep quiet about it.

What I do know is that:

1) VY isn't our QB right now, nor will he be for the remainder of the year. This is a great opportunity for Fisher to showcase what he can do with his chosen QB.

2) Dinger didn't coach defense. VY didn't play defense. I don't buy into "distractions" at all. Britt had a career game after his "distraction" this year. The distractions are not the problem on defense, and Fisher is responsible for fixing whatever is wrong.

3) I will buy into QB changes disrupting the rhythm of an offense, sometimes. But that time has past - Collins has played with these guys for years. He's practiced as the starter enough. It's time to convert a third down.

7. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

Vince didn't even look at Randy Moss when he was playing. That's a red flag.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Some of you need to understand, Vince isn't the type of Quarterback that can thread the needle into double coverage if he has to. He stays away from double coverage 99% of the time because of his history of throwing picks. Vince is the type of Quarterback that goes through his reads (which believes me is a big improvement from where he was his first 3 seasons) and if no one is open he will scramble or throw it away.

Moss is always drawing double teams, so I wouldn't expect him to catch more than 2-3 balls a game. That said, Moss wasn't exactly lighting it up on the Patriots or Vikings either. His last game as a Patriot with Tom Brady at QB resulted in 0 catches..

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If you can't get the ball to Randy Moss you're a garbage QB.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i dont think VY took to kind of Moss, sure he acted up with him and talked to him, but VY seen Moss as a QB killer and wanted nothing to do with that on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar