Fisher Comments on Return of Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I am not really sure. Honestly until he was suspended our team played deflated. I am not sure how he would have impacted that but IMO the team has played night and day with and without him. Maybe he is a headache in the locker room? on the practice feild? I have never been a fan on his. Always seems so nonchalant on the field taking plays off never living up to potential.

I do not think he has any impact on the Colts game or the Ravens game.

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Tony Brown has really stepped up to fill his place. It will be interesting to see both him and AH on the line at the same time.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

tony might get some snaps at de this week with laboy suffering a concussion, so there is a good chance we might see tony, albert and robaire in at the same time.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I doubt it.

It's pretty tough to fire a Coach when you're approaching the end of your rebuilding project.

This year is a learning year for our young QB. And, the rest of the players are being evaluated for next season, right now.

5. SephirothSK

SephirothSK Camp Fodder

I never realized how tired you get just being big until I was watching a boxing match a few days ago. There was this big guy Shane Briggs who barely threw any punches the whole fight, the crowd was booing. He is getting old and this is his last shot at a title, but he almost couldn't throw a punch at the end of the fight when he knew the only way to win was a KO.

I don't think Albert takes plays off so much as just gets tired. That boxer was 269 pounds, looked to be in top shape, and probably threw 100 punches the whole fight, so I guess moving that much muscle just takes a lot out of you.

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

why do we need him? We are 2-7 and may be lucky to win another game. I just dont dont see it.................our run D has been vitually the same with him and with out him.................i think missing AH allowed us to find TBrown................that is a big find and never would have happened if AH was here.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Except...

While you could give the offense a pass for having Young start...and even give a pass on some of the losses in which VY contributes excessively (like throws 3 INT's). But the defense...with better players on it is WORSE (as in CONSISTENTLY BAD).

That is unacceptable and someone or several someone's need to be fired at the end of this season. What happens for the rest of the season will go a long way toward who stays and who goes.

And we're not approaching the end of a rebuild....we're only in the middle unless you expect the team to win 9+ games next year and make the playoffs. That's hard to believe consiering we added better players via the draft and free agency and the team is worse overall!

Gut

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

We need AH for one reason...talent. Whether you want to give him a second chance or not is irrelevant. He needs to play either to improve the defense (he IS the best DT we have) or to improve his status in a trade. Either way, we need to play him.

If you want to play him and trade him in the off-season for something good? I have no problem.

But you don't WASTE talent. You use it or you trade it. You don't cut it and give it away for nothing...

...unless you're Floyd Reese!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar