Fisher=complacent=Bring in Chuckie......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Theres no way Cecil is back next yr. We WILL sign a REAL dc.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

if JF is here, and he will be, CC will be DC

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No on Shannahan, he wants personnel control and he showed with Denver his last few years there he can't build a good defense.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Well, if actually came down to Fisher leaving for whatever reason, has anyone considered Bud promoting from within. Wouldn't mind seeing Heimerdinger get a shot. Don't forget that Fisher was an interim coach.

Other than that, what's the chance Coughlin would get fired if the Giants lose in the playoffs? I know that's as crazy as saying Cowher would get the axe after winning the Superbowl, but you never know. Our team has got soft, and Coughlin is a great coach that doesn't take any crap.

If it comes down to getting a new coach, I imagine the selection being much more interesting at season's end.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

-700% chance of happening.

6. TexasTitan24

TexasTitan24 Camp Fodder

plus or minus a few percent

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Heimerdinger was a terrible HC for the Jets.

Had Fisher not hired him last year would likely have still been unemployed as a coach. Currently he's coaching up a chitstorm. You want to give him more rope with which to hang himself?

Sadly I don't see many desirable HC's in the known quantities that are currently available. Cowher or Gruden IMO. Cowher has the best record and he's seen a Vince Young type of player in Kordell Stewart.

Gruden scares me the way he goes through QB's like they're kickers.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Hell No, my worst fear is Bud just promoting someone already on the team to HC. Might as well just keep Fisher is thats the case. We need a coach who calls a different style of game. West Coast offense would be nice.

We are trying to play football like the Giants, but we dont have Manning or the Big guys. We are the Hong Kong knockoffs.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Heimerdinger coached the Jets for one miserable year, and played the bulk of that year with his third string QB due to injuries. That's not a season where I just go "Hey, this guy will never make it as a head coach". Also, he was coaching Cutler in Denver as his QB coach before coming here.

And you're right about not so many desirable HC's being currently available. Still, at the end of every season, there is a huge shuffle. Head coaches wearing out their welcome, coordinators getting promoted, coordinators leaving to become head coaches of other teams... It happens every season. Some may think I'm crazy for suggesting a coach on a very successful team, but looking at who is currently available and saying, "well this is all we have to choose from" is just as crazy.

IMO, the Saints are going to the Superbowl, which means the Giants lose in the playoffs, which breeds plausibility. I don't mean to predict that we will end up with Coughlin, but IMO, he's the type of coach that would be ideal in our situation.

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I am all for bringing in Chuckie to replace Fisher. Fisher is a great coach, but he has been here too long. It's time for a change, and the change needs to come outside of the organization. I would love to see an offensive coach com in this time. Give Chucky toys like CJ, Nate, Britt, Cook and see what happens. The main complaint I have heard towards him is his Super Bowl win was with Dungy's players. Well, good, maybe he can come here and win one with Fisher's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar