Fisher Expects Contract Without Problems

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

3-4 years? You can't be serious? First of all Cowher wouldn't make the switch if we were not ready and secondly we are only a couple of players away. Still, I think Cowher is smart enough to run the defense that would give him the best chance of winning with the personel we have.

Secondly through the draft and FA with the guys we already have the switch could be made in one year. Someone like LaBoy would have to become an OLB, ILB or hit the road. Getting rid of our current DC would be a huge upgrade automatically.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

We should pay Fisher , fire Red Hat , sign Singletary(spelling) and go to the playoffs

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I actually think we should take a wait and see approach with Fisher. There are going to be a lot of good coaches on the market next year, and if we possibly lose out on Fisher, we'll have a shot with someone else.

4. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

It's somewhat laughable to think there are (m)any better coaches out there than Jeff Fisher...or at least for this organization. I GUARANTEE if he left, he would get his pick of jobs: First one open or cream of the crop. Dallas would fire Wade Phillips tomorrow if Fisher were suddenly available.

Word is Del Rio is on the hot seat and Dungy is thinking of taking an extended vacation making 2 (two) division rival openings.........hmmmmm. :hmm: Does ANYONE want to see Fisher coaching the Jags or Colts next year? :hang: :shake: :hitfan:

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

does anyone else feel like the team is married to Fisher?

we are so fortunate to have him as a coach.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:truedat:
    I agree
    Cowher wouldn't immediately convert the D to 3-4
    baby steps
    start by bringing in some personnel for it
    and concentrate the draft to finding 3-4 type guys
    then maybe 2 years down the road ..........
    Cowher's smart enough to know that our current roster wouldn't work
    so, build one that would
    and who knows ..... maybe he wouldn't make the switch at all

despite the fact that we have overloaded our secondary this offseason, I still do not think they'll be much better than 20th with CRH (Chief Red Hat) at the helm

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Del Rio is "on the hot seat" for the same reason people think Fisher should go if we don't "make the playoffs this year."

It is typical management thinking that by doing something they are doing their job as managers, without making sure that they are doing the right thing.
    Many clueless managers in many fields just try the random personnel change and hope for the best. They get credit if the new guy is successful, and get to blame the new guy if he isn't.

8. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

I kinda feel that fisher isnt puttin his best effort forth to win. He wasnt jumpin up in down and showin interest until vince started winnin ball games. I just hope fisher really wants to make this team better. I like fisher and norm chow though. I think fisher is a good defensive coach and norm chow is good offensive coach. I hope fisher is back.

9. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

I think/know titans are back!!!!

10. TitanBlitz

TitanBlitz Camp Fodder

Alright...You play coach. Put yourself in his shoes and tell me. What you do differently from a coach that led his team back to an 8-8 record from 0-5? :irked: Please be specific...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar