Fisher Expects Contract Without Problems

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

1. not play kerry collins....at all.
    2. have a contract killer "take care" of lamont thompson
    3. fire chief red hat
    4. no peter sirmon...ever
    5.sit zach pillar before he got hurt

good enough?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I predict no contract entering the regular season.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Definitely agree.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

I don't get you, I am pointing out that he is probably the best coach available, and that it is foolish to think that replacing him will give us more wins.
    Frankly, the Jags are in the same position, the problem isn't bad coaching, but rather that the other team is trying hard to win too.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Remember, he is making $5.3 mil this season. He'd make more in the new deal. So there is no pressure right now on Bud to get this done.

I bet he waits to see if the Titans have their typical slow start. If it happens, the pressure will be on Fisher to come off his asking price. If the Titans start out hot, then it'll cost Bud dearly as it did after the '99 season.

6. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

There is no better head coach than Jeff

Jeff Fisher given a roster of half way decent talent that the Titans have done rather well over the years. Super Bowl, multi playoff appereances, several division championships, has over 100 wins in his career and with the exception of Mcnair, George he has done all that with avg to middle of the road players. That is until we got a super beast in Vince and I dont care what anyone says about Pacman if he can ever get his mess straight is one of the most electrifying players when he has the ball in his hands ive seen every player in the NFL and I have yet to see too many players get the attention of 69,000 people as soon as he walks on to the field. I think Michael Griiffin is gonna be solid player and with a few more people in the right positions such as Nick Harper Herndon, and some of the rookies may surprise some folks this team could be tough to deal with this season. This team has been ripped from the inside out and the titans are still in the middle of the pack just a year or so later in terms of the NFL give this new Titans team a chance and I cannot see and dont want to see any other coach on the sidelines for the TITANS. Not Steel Jaw, not Tuna no one else. Thats not to say some changes in the coaching staff cant be made aka red hat but not signing Jeff to a long term deal would be a huge mistake. There is no other coach for the Titans than Jeff Fisher.

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I'd be fine with Fisher staying, BUT if Adams is planning to let Fish go, he should have gone ahead and done it already. Our team is young and can adjust to a new coach, I think, but they need to start growing toward a goal with a coach that will be here for several years. If it won't be Fish, get the new guy in quickly.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

It's not as if the fans/players for those teams really fear a Fisher coached Titans team, now do they? Man, if Schwartz went to that division rival? I'd be all for it. That's 2 easy wins a season. Jeff can keep his boy toy and head on out.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You can NOT use the 'lack of talent' excuse when this team was STACKED while we were doing good. And yes, STACKED. Fisher has no excuses left. He's killing himself by keeping Schwartz, but he has more loyalty than brains. So if he's willing to make that gamble, let him do it. I'm pretty sure any coach available can get us 8 wins with the current talent we have, and coach us a bit better than dead last in defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar