Fisher Feels Win an Extension of Preseason

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans coach Jeff Fisher commented Monday that the 13-10 win for his team over the Jaguars may be a partly due to a carryover from the final preseason game. "We had some carryover from our physical play standpoint from the preseason into the regular season," Fisher said. "You look at the Jaguars, I think 30 of their (regulars) didn't play in their final preseason game. Maybe there is something to that, maybe there's not. But we had some carryover from the preseason and the physical play and the number of plays that we played." LB David Thornton commented that the preseason work helped forge a bond between defensive players. "It was a chance for the guys to develop some chemistry and some confidence in each other," he said.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think this could be true considering we have a young team and are trying to build chemistry. Older teams may not lose anything by sitting the last game of preseason, but it makes sense that it helps a team to have continuity, and more time working together. I'm glad we did it this way.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I wonder what the jags feel about that?

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I thought it was great how Bulluck said at the end of the 3rd quarter, when both teams had to walk all the way down to the other end of the field, he told everyone that this was what they went through hell during 100 degree days at training camp for,
    so the entire D ran down the field, while the Jax players walked and sucked wind. They sent a message.

Too bad it's going to be nice Sunday. I'd love to watch the Colts wilt outside in the heat...

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

That was beautiful. I love Bulluck. And I'll settle for seeing the Colts D with their hands on their hips between plays while Manning sits and watches from the nice comfy sideline.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Hoffa... humidity?

I saw a good rain today. I have no idea about the forecast but sticky and balmy might help.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It actually rained today where I live. Haven't seen rain in around 3 weeks.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Great quote from Bulluck. I didn't notice them jogging while watching the game, but that's great. That kind of leadership and group effort is what will make us better this year than we've been since 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar