Fisher for Coach of the Year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chow was pissed off because the offense sucked. Wins and losses didn't matter.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

.. haha.. trying to bring the tangent under control..

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Yes, it did suck, but QB wasn't the problem, unless you think Volek could have somehow handed off better.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nah, volek should have had 3 touchdowns per 1 quarter he got to play while dumping the ball off on screens and 5 yard routes 6 times a game.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Yeah, Steve McNair's really sucking it up in Baltimore right now, although I do agree with most of the rest of your post, I think letting McNair go was one of the biggest mistakes the franchise has made in the last few years.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You mean Chow was calling plays that were not letting him be successful? Now he wouldn't do that.....would he? I knew Volek was being led to slaughter, but I laughed my butt off when he got in for one play against GB, checked down and nailed a TD. We never saw him again after that. I bet Chow was livid.

7. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

The whole Volek thing was definitely unfortunate. I thought that he had earned at least one year as our starter before we handed the keys to Vince, but apparently the coaching staff didn't agree. However, it's probably the best thing that could have happened to this franchise. If we hadn't brought Collins in and traded away Volek then Collins would have never rewrote the definition of "sucked"... which means that we would still be wondering what we have with Vince right now.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Really TNThunder? Volek was being led to slaughter? How in the world can you think that? I have to have the most basic sense of trust in our coaches to presume that it's more likely that a QB actually wasn't being a successful leader of the team than to think that the coaching staff really had it out for him. Sure, we could have kept in Volek, won a couple of extra games early on, but where would the fun be in that? I have to believe that there was a little better logic by the coaches, and that Volek is gone because he wasn't doing something right.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, he and his amazing 82.0 qb rating. Don't confuse what the rest of the team is doing as what McNair is doing. McNair hasn't had but 1 impressive game all season long.
    The most miraculous thing mcnair has pulled off so far? starting 16 games. Nobody expected him to last more than 4.
    The offense is all about ball control. 5 yard passes, running the ball, and letting the defense score points for you. The guy has been shown up by Kyle Boller 2 times this season. If that doesn't say something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar