Fisher has Hope for Givens Return by Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: WR David Givens continues the rehab process from ACL surgery and Titans coach Jeff Fisher is hopeful he will return to the team sometime during training camp beginning in late July. "I’m not thinking otherwise," Fisher said. "That’s what we expect and that’s been the track record. Those who have suffered injuries in the middle part of the season or even the latter part of the season have been able to come back at some point in training camp. It’s coming along, it’s going well and he’s working at it. He’s probably in the toughest part of his rehab right now and he’s giving us every indication that he will push right through it."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

That would be nice. I want to see what he can do with Young when healthy.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He'll be there. He may be limping, or doing some slow jogging, but he'll be there...

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

If anybody can come back from this injury quicker than most, it'll be David. His work ethic & dedication are absolutely excellent. Hopefully we see him in August sometime.

Just a little note, Givens' knee happened about 2 weeks before BJ's last year so he should be on schedule if rehab is going good.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I try to be optimistic but I don't think we'll see Givens giving the Titans much until mid-season at the earliest.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I saw this yesterday and thought about starting a thread on it, but I couldn't find the link so I wasn't sure how credible it was (not that I really ever use credibiity for starting new threads) :ha:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that's alright, I am sure I would have ruined it shortly after. :grrhee:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah I can see him jogging and catching from a Juggs machine, but coaches would be negligent to ask him to start running routes, making cuts or taking hits until midway through pre-season ... even if he's able to do such things

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:yes:
    I have no doubt ..... it is in your powers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar