Fisher Has To Go.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

That ain't happening, I'll bet my house on it !!!!

Lot's of good points in that post TitansErick.

With regard to Fisher, my question is this. How is it that Belicheck who has been in a head coaching position for nearly the same number of seasons as Fisher has a record of 172-99 and has had 3 championships to his name and in comparison Fisher has a 141-116 record and one AFC Championship/one SB appearance to his name ?

Yeah BB has had Brady, but Fisher had McNair and a whole lot better supporting cast during those few good seasons he had with them and we couldn't even get back to the SB with that team.

What about Cowher another guy with the same length of tenure. 161-99-1 2 AFC championships and 1 SB victory is a hell of a lot better than 141-116... I am sure there are several other examples I am overlooking, bu I wanted to try and compare peer to peer and era to era... Shows Fisher to the be the average coach he's always been if you ask me, and the franchise as one that is completely satisfied with mediocrity.

You are right about Adams not really caring about whether they make the championship games though, he always does things on the cheap and really makes no effort to try and make this franchise the best it can really be...

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

These troops can't be rallied. Clean house top to bottom.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

What if Bud Adams signs the team over to Jeff Fisher and Jeff Fisher becomes the Owner of this team :)

4. Sir_Titan

Sir_Titan Day 1 Titan

Fisher = Complacency

Bud Adams = Mediocrity

... enough said

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm going to come out and say something that completely contradicts my original post. I don't think fisher is a TERRIBLE coach, He's not the best, but he hasn't done a good job of working with the front office in getting guys to Tennessee who are difference makers. This goes back to the Titans Nepotism Post and how they only seem to want guys who have been here before or guys who played at Texas.

Football isn't baseball. In baseball, you have teams who play "small ball" and can win the world series by drafting nobodies by playing the percentages. This to me, is Fisher ball in a nut shell. San Francisco just did this year... The Florida Marlins have won the world series the same way. No ones winning superbowls like this...

They FO seems to have old school mentality of finding diamonds in the rough (ala Chris Johnson) and trying to turn them into super stars. rarely this works out and when it does.. The team is only good for a year or two then has several bad years.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Great signature Sir_Titan

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Do the math people.

Closing out 2008 and opening 2009 we had a 9 game losing streak.

Epic failure.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Tonight's game summed up Jeff Fisher's entire career. Outsiders watch this game and say, "WOW Fisher almost won this game against Peyton Manning and his team stinks he's a great coach!!!!1!!11!!!1!!" People like us who know better see this game and say, "I knew we'd lose nothing surprised me and Fisher was gutless and cowardly as usual." Maybe now people will see what we've been seeing for years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. imbread

imbread Starter

i live in nj and everyone thinks fisher is a great coach, but as titan fans we all know whats be hind the curtain

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Oh and what happened to using Moss and Britt at the same time? Washington had a below average game and Gage did absolutely nothing. Whatever your opinion of Moss is, he could have done better than what those losers did. It's honestly getting to the point where just thinking about Fisher or seeing is stupid face gets me like legit angry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar