Fisher hurts VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

Exactly. Solomon Wilcots from CBS even made this point during the end of yesterday's game.

2. Wraith

Wraith Starter

i eally think it was a mistake to cut Blount, we need a smash and dash type system to wear down opposing defenses and cut CJs load. sure he's a home run threat, but we obviously miss the power back that can just batter a defense and cause the running lanes to be open late in games. also if people are keying on CJ so much why aren't we running play action passes more often? The colts do that more than we do and they're running game stinks.

3. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

Vince still shredded that defense, regardless of who was at QB for the other team. (who actually played pretty well).

True I suppose. However if you take away the last 3 heaves he completed 68% of his passes for 6.92 per play. Fairly consistent with what he had done in limited opportunities earlier. I'd also just throw out that if you look at just the first half, when the Titans had a more balanced and aggressive game plan Vince's stats look like this.

13-18 for 138, 7.6 per attempt, 72% completion percentage. Again, fairly consistent with what he had done earlier in the year.

I guess? It's on Vince to beat the upper tier teams, but only the team gets credit for other wins? It is certainly a team game and Vince's success is definitely in part due to the team. I just don't think that winning percentage is completely irrelevant when talking about a QB. It seemed worth mentioning.

4. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Not sure if I'm right but I say VY is in a catch-22. He has to run the game plan given to him or he will for sure lose any trust Fish may have in him. The irony is when the Titans start to suck (i.e., become an 8-8 team) Fish allows him to play his kind of game (thereby save Fish's backside). Dion Sanders knows it. Michael Irvin knows it. Why can't Titans fans get it.

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Arizona was ranked 20th in total defense and the Titans were ranked 28th. I would hope the QB's playing would be able to look decent. The Cardinals are barely 8-8 if Kurt Warner retired the year before. Heck even with Warner they are a Wild Card team in any other division.

I concede you the point on this one.

It would be one thing if Young played well and the team lost. I understand that there are games that the QB has limited control over what happens. But the problem is Young doesn't play well against these teams.

The only reason winning % is even remotely considered to be a QB stat is because the QB is the most important position on the field. A great QB can take a horrible team and make at least competitive. Hell a great QB can take an otherwise horrible team and make them Super Bowl contenders every year (ex The Colts :coltsblow:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar